Sonic Electronix

So here I am, wondering how I am going to go about this amp rack. I have a huge trunk, and only two amps that aren't very big. Is there anything/anyone out there that can actually create a design digitally? There trillions of ways to go about it and to say at the very least I have 0 experience making an amp rack.

I may be making this harder than it is but I honestly don't want a descending front face on some legs for an amp rack haha.

believe half of what you see and none of what you hear lol.

2003 Ford Taurus SEL

JVC KD-R520

4 JL ZR-525CSI 5.25 Mids

4 JL ZR100-CT Highs

1 18" RE Sx Dual 4 ohm wired parallel to 2 ohms

1 Kicker CX1200.1 (Bass)

1 DD S4B (Mids)

2 Optima Yellow Tops

200a Alt.

put em on a frame with actuators, fold the amps out from some random place

or leave them disconnected and attach a motor to a lazy Susan to make that bitch spin

or build an amp rack and be done.

We need some pics of this trunk... tons of room? so no subs/ small sub box? if you have and want space, mount them out of the way, in the smallest spot they fit (plan on adding fans in that case)

if you have zero experience with amp racks, you might want to rethink this wild unique design idea.... gotta start somewhere....

put em on a frame with actuators, fold the amps out from some random place

or leave them disconnected and attach a motor to a lazy Susan to make that bitch spin

or build an amp rack and be done.

We need some pics of this trunk... tons of room? so no subs/ small sub box? if you have and want space, mount them out of the way, in the smallest spot they fit (plan on adding fans in that case)

if you have zero experience with amp racks, you might want to rethink this wild unique design idea.... gotta start somewhere....

Sorry I've been out of town, I'll grab some pics tomorrow. As for small box/sub, my trunk is empty, I have a walled Re 18 so I have plenty of room to work with. The reason for this is to use this empty space, also to not have my amps just laying there, seems tacky,

2003 Ford Taurus SEL

JVC KD-R520

4 JL ZR-525CSI 5.25 Mids

4 JL ZR100-CT Highs

1 Kicker CX1200.1 (Bass)

1 DD S4B (Mids)

2 Optima Yellow Tops

200a Alt.

tuned in for the walled RE! the first re speakers I bought were temporary week long affairs.... now I've bought several more to play with haha I honestly can't believe how they hold up to abuse, constant clipping, hu all the way up, and in a tline....I've popped 2 other brands (also cheap for fun) doing the same thing

maybe I got some mutants :shrug:

tuned in for the walled RE! the first re speakers I bought were temporary week long affairs.... now I've bought several more to play with haha I honestly can't believe how they hold up to abuse, constant clipping, hu all the way up, and in a tline....I've popped 2 other brands (also cheap for fun) doing the same thing

maybe I got some mutants :shrug:

Haha, Tis true, they can take a beating, and I mean really all this is, is me testing the waters. Seeing what I know, and need to learn, in reality it's going to look like a 20 year old that barely understood ohms law up until a year or two ago put it together, which is expected from an amateur. By NO means will any of this look like the Beryllium Bmw build haha. If you haven't seen it yet, here: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/57269-beryllium-bmw-323ci/

That guy does top notch work, it really blows my mind with every little detail.

Btw the pics I were going to take of the trunk, sort of came to a halt with the crazy lightning and rain that we had, when I have the opportunity, I'll grab some and bring em here.

2003 Ford Taurus SEL

JVC KD-R520

4 JL ZR-525CSI 5.25 Mids

4 JL ZR100-CT Highs

1 Kicker CX1200.1 (Bass)

1 DD S4B (Mids)

2 Optima Yellow Tops

200a Alt.

the beryllium is one of my favorite builds haha using all that glass and copper? come onnnnn

this is one I've been drooling over this week http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191914-project-black-widow-sema-build/

(just checked and the pics are dead haha im sure that will be remedied soon)

I actually went to school to study these things, fabrication and design and what not

when I work on someones car they get a proper tuned box to their needs, typically wrapped in their choice of vinyl/carpet, and i try to make it as nice as i can for their budget....

my car? bare box tline, amp screwed to a scrap piece of 1/4" mdf, wiring? everywhere.....haha

I use mine as practice, a learning experience, trying to find what I like best before i spend 781345 hours building pure sex like the BMW and the Dart ;)

skills come with time, practice, and patience; till then? its all mad science

Ha! Exactly! That's how it is though, by the way, I snapped a pic real quick before heading to work, it is very messy.

The other amp isn't in the car yet.

2dqinut.jpg

2003 Ford Taurus SEL

JVC KD-R520

4 JL ZR-525CSI 5.25 Mids

4 JL ZR100-CT Highs

1 Kicker CX1200.1 (Bass)

1 DD S4B (Mids)

2 Optima Yellow Tops

200a Alt.

Archived