Nice detail on that skidframe, was it modeled after any actual sled suspension?

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

Pretty awesome! Are you as into driving them as you are into building?

I love to drive them, but I really don't get out much. I'm paralyzed from the chest down, and time up in my wheelchair just causes me to have pressure sores. I do enjoy the building more. Researching what's out there and the hunt for the best parts, or the parts that fit the theme of the build. Most of them I've built and then sold for half the cost or less so I could move on to the next build.

Nice detail on that skidframe, was it modeled after any actual sled suspension?

I can't take credit for the machining or design of the parts. I purchased the aluminum parts from a guy and assembled the snowmobile. I was in the process of making my own and came across the parts for sale and knew I could not match the quality. I just don't have access to machining tools, but can work miracles with a dremel and a drill!

Nice! I see you have a Hobbywing 150A on one of your set-ups. That's my favorite ESC so far, I love how it comes pre-soldered, I hate soldering on ESC's. I sold my Traxxas Summit to put the money towards car audio. I miss it, but I made it too fast with a nice brushless motor and I couldn't keep my self from going full blast all of the time, breaking everything. I still have my Team Associated RC8.2E and Tamiya TT-01... Also have a Redcat Racing Backdraft 8E, but i'd rather not talk about that fiasco lol never buying anything from that company ever again.

Nice! I see you have a Hobbywing 150A on one of your set-ups. That's my favorite ESC so far, I love how it comes pre-soldered, I hate soldering on ESC's. I sold my Traxxas Summit to put the money towards car audio. I miss it, but I made it too fast with a nice brushless motor and I couldn't keep my self from going full blast all of the time, breaking everything. I still have my Team Associated RC8.2E and Tamiya TT-01... Also have a Redcat Racing Backdraft 8E, but i'd rather not talk about that fiasco lol never buying anything from that company ever again.

Ha! Yeah... Redcat. I've been down that road myself.

1/8 scale buggies are easily the most reliable bash able r/c's out there. I love the look of monster trucks and truggies, but the added weight and rotational mass of the larger tires tend to wreck stuff.

That TT-01 is about as solid as you can get for 1/10 on road. Plenty of people have had them over 100mph.

Nice choices on cars. Except for the redcat, lol.

Ha! Yeah... Redcat. I've been down that road myself.

1/8 scale buggies are easily the most reliable bash able r/c's out there. I love the look of monster trucks and truggies, but the added weight and rotational mass of the larger tires tend to wreck stuff.

That TT-01 is about as solid as you can get for 1/10 on road. Plenty of people have had them over 100mph.

Nice choices on cars. Except for the redcat, lol.

Hell yeah, I love bashing my buggy around. I've hit all kinds of stuff with my buggy and it just keeps truckin'. One time I had it going probably 30MPH in the grass, it slammed against a rock the size of the buggy. I didn't see in the distance and the buggy popped up in the air... It barely scratched it. My backdraft though... that thing would explode if anything hit it. I would get it fixed and it would be time to go home within 20 minutes because something broke.

Yeah, my TT-01 is normally pretty easy to work on. I got the kit and the servo saver has been a complete pain in the butt. My buddy got it for me to get me back into RC cars. His works perfect, while mine is squirrely when i'm taking it above 50% throttle. I've looked over his and looked over the PDF documents and I just can't figure out why mine won't stay solid. I've even switched out my servo a few times to see if that was the issue. It currently runs a 5.5T Turnigy Track Star motor with a Futaba servo.

I knew i recognized you. From the rc-monster forums!! man it's been years since i was over there

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Archived