Sundown Audio

Sundown SCV-4000D Amp Dyno Test

I wish people would do more AMM-1 testing. I have put out a lot of amps numbers using an AMM-1 so you know what you're actually seeing in a real world scenario.

You would only know what you're seeing in your real world scenario which will not be the same for everyone.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I wish people would do more AMM-1 testing. I have put out a lot of amps numbers using an AMM-1 so you know what you're actually seeing in a real world scenario.

You would only know what you're seeing in your real world scenario which will not be the same for everyone.

Well you would know if someone says XXXX amp can't do YYYY power, and I show the amp doing it in my car, that they were in fact wrong and that it can happen in a real world scenario.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Nice amp for sure.

I just have a quick question.

What exactly is the dynamic test?

I mean it seems a little odd.

It seems to me like a possible 1 sec number, when lightning strikes, like a max rating.

Nothing against the amp. Nothing against the test either. Im sure the test is accurate and has its validity, but I cant see where that applies for most of us. Its like an in kick SPL score for us window guys. The score is still valid in its own right, but its not really meaningful to our standard of scoring.

If that makes any sense.

This is what they say in the literature :

"In Dynamic Power Mode the AD-1 uses industry standard bursted signals and captures the power generated by the amplifier during these quick bursts. The high speed microprocessor and patent pending clipping detection system working seamlessly together are able to read the clean "RMS" power output from the amplifier during these very short bursts. (20mS for the 1kHz test, and 100mS for the 40Hz test)"

So the power is still relatively clean (un-clipped) but is only measured over a short time -- basically a "burp" power assuming no impedance rise from what you select on the machine.

We included it since a ton of other tests already posted on YouTube have this information; and I know someone would ask if it was not included.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Nice amp for sure.

I just have a quick question.

What exactly is the dynamic test?

I mean it seems a little odd.

It seems to me like a possible 1 sec number, when lightning strikes, like a max rating.

Nothing against the amp. Nothing against the test either. Im sure the test is accurate and has its validity, but I cant see where that applies for most of us. Its like an in kick SPL score for us window guys. The score is still valid in its own right, but its not really meaningful to our standard of scoring.

If that makes any sense.

This is what they say in the literature :

"In Dynamic Power Mode the AD-1 uses industry standard bursted signals and captures the power generated by the amplifier during these quick bursts. The high speed microprocessor and patent pending clipping detection system working seamlessly together are able to read the clean "RMS" power output from the amplifier during these very short bursts. (20mS for the 1kHz test, and 100mS for the 40Hz test)"

So the power is still relatively clean (un-clipped) but is only measured over a short time -- basically a "burp" power assuming no impedance rise from what you select on the machine.

We included it since a ton of other tests already posted on YouTube have this information; and I know someone would ask if it was not included.

It's a great test.. please include it in all of the tests!

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Yea thats true everyone shows all three scores so might as well.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

ive been saving up for a saz3500dV2.......might just have to transition to the scv4000 !!! the 4000 is more affordable, and puts out crazy numbers! I see adding batts to the bank in the near future! way to go Sundown! you get my vote!

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

• 2 weeks later...

Would like to see what the saz-3500v2 does on the dyno. Would send 1 of my amps in if need be

05 dodge magnum rt

DEH-80PRS

Rockford fosgate T600.4

st200 tweeters

Sundown Neo Pro 6.5 v2's

2 Saz-3500v2- Toolmaker dual 1/0 inputs

2 Sundown ZV4 12" D1

1/0 Sky High Power wire OFC

3 XS D3100- Toolmaker battery terminals

Mechman 320 Amp Alt

Smd Voltmeter

KnuKoncept 1/0 OFC