This project i started about 6 months ago and finally finished it and installed it before Slamfest.

Here are some pictures along the way, i changed the location of the plexi glass twice before i was happy with the results and had done a shit load of sanding.

if i was to do it again, i would wrap the vinyl better because most of the imperfections came from the wrap, but it was my first time doing a big fiberglass piece like this and my first wrap.

Started with a frame

IMG_2679_zps7dbe2a77.jpg

IMG_2678_zps64e2f682.jpg

I used ponte which is like a material used in like under armour shirts i guess.

i also used staples to attach it to the wood frame, but i would suggest hot glue or something that can dry very fast.

IMG_2680_zps5b7d3114.jpg

IMG_2681_zps5a63cb0d.jpg

I forgot to take pictures throughout the fiberglass stage, but i had to lay down a whole bunch of plastic to protect the interior from the fiberglass as it drips off.

once i was able to take the frame down it took about 3 layers of fiberglass mat to get it nice and solid.

IMG_3001_zpseb254396.jpg

IMG_2999_zpsc30e0959.jpg

finished product

IMG_2896_zpscf3171bc.jpg

IMG_2895_zps71ae0048.jpg

IMG_2893_zps595f7863.jpg

IMG_2894_zps1050f21e.jpg

IMG_2897_zps95b70a7d.jpg

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

It does look incredibly awesome, maybe next time sand more? LOL. I remember thinking once upon a time this was enough then once wrapped every flaw became magnified. This is awesome though!

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

thanks guys. appreciate it.

It does look incredibly awesome, maybe next time sand more? LOL. I remember thinking once upon a time this was enough then once wrapped every flaw became magnified. This is awesome though!

haha yea. never ending sanding. most of the imperfections came from too much glue in some places also. it globbed up, cuz im a noob with wrapping. i used weldwoods contact cement, but when i layed it down with a brush i put too much in some places. you really dont need a lot at all.

i also got a lot of information from Car Audio Fabrications Youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/CarAudioFabrication/featured

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

Yeah, but the idea is dope AF. I want to redo my headliner now, lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived