Things you hate when giving/getting a demo?

I don't demo much as I'm not that loud, but I can't think of a bad demo at all. I either get that it's too loud and I'm crazy from normal people or the general thumbs up from fellow bassheads. I did have an EX GF that would complain about it any time she was in the car.

CARS

14 Sierra crew cab daily, Small build coming one of these days

69 C-10 fleetside in many pieces, won't be done till the end of time

Last car '12 Focus with build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As stated above, I hate people that tell me I need to play a certain song. Sometimes I humor them if they are a friend by playing mids/highs full tilt but bass knob really low. or other times like when my buddies roommate wants to play some dubstep shit and I see him queuing up youtube I tell him straight up there ain't no fucking way in hell. But i will for sure demo with my music that I know is clean

Or when i was running at .25ohm and i'd get excited during a demo and wang on the dial sending the amp into protect almost immediatly, soo disappointing lol

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

my hands shake when i demo, dont know why, probably adrenalin. i hate that shit

Huh?

same thing happens if i race, get shaky. guess i'm weird

Same here. It isn't bad- it is just every time, I know it is coming and there is nothing I can do to stop it.

Same when I get in the lane. Get all excited and a bit shaky b/c of it. Learn to embrace it. lol

Peeves when giving a demo:

Touching the subs. Don't touch the subs.

Opening the sliding door and the whole setup unloads and goes wrong.

People climbing all over the back seat to stick their head in the port. That is just rude, son.

The folks that say "why don't you get..." insert anything else (different subs, amps etc...)

The folks that say "why don't you move the box up to the B-Pillar?"

Peeves when getting demos:

People that play their stuff too hard or clip the piss out of their tweeters and subs.

^ ...especially when coils get stinky and THEY HAVE NO CLUE that is not a "normal" smell.

When ALL I can hear is Bass or Bass and Tweeters playing 10,000 hz and up.

^ ...I think there is supposed to be music in there somewhere?

When people show their electrical and there are no fuses, and wires are laid out all willy nilly just asking to short.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

My only complaint is trying to hold RPMs steady while messing with bass knob/volume, watching at subs, answering basic questions.. etc.. while Demoing

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I hate when I don't know a song and the drop scares the shit out of me. Feel like such a pussy.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

What are your pet peeves when giving/getting a demo?

We've all had the 20 second demos

Today I was giving someone a demo and they tried to take over my deck!!!!!!!!!!

You never touch a basshead's Head Unit!!!!!!!!!

I nearly tossed him out.

I don't know, I'm the opposite. As long as they don't touch settings I dont care, they can pick and choose songs. I just connect via BT to a galaxy tab anyways so they can choose their own poison

That being said, I HATE getting a demo and they say ..."Yeah, my amp is only at half power."

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

When people talk shit before even getting in the truck for a demo, then I have to turn it up and make it hurt, win win :D

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Well this really isn't during a demo...but when your driving with a friend and you want to hit that bass knob, they keep on talking, just as you start to touch the knob, he starts on another story smh. During a demo....we've all seen that one guy, that wants to see your entire setup, and tells you how much of it you have wired wrong. "Nah man you shoulda wired it at 17.5 ohms, oh and you need a cap...yeah, my cousins baby daddy's friends mothers boyfriend told me this,"

believe half of what you see and none of what you hear lol.

2003 Ford Taurus SEL

JVC KD-R520

4 JL ZR-525CSI 5.25 Mids

4 JL ZR100-CT Highs

1 18" RE Sx Dual 4 ohm wired parallel to 2 ohms

1 Kicker CX1200.1 (Bass)

1 DD S4B (Mids)

2 Optima Yellow Tops

200a Alt.

Well this really isn't during a demo...but when your driving with a friend and you want to hit that bass knob, they keep on talking, just as you start to touch the knob, he starts on another story smh. During a demo....we've all seen that one guy, that wants to see your entire setup, and tells you how much of it you have wired wrong. "Nah man you shoulda wired it at 17.5 ohms, oh and you need a cap...yeah, my cousins baby daddy's friends mothers boyfriend told me this,"

I've shut my gf up like that a few times. The couch had company on those nights.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Ha this happens to me almost every day on my way to work I pick up a co worker. Luckily he's a good friend so I just stare right at him while he's talking and I start turning up my knob until he stops talking.

'97 Explorer
2 Sundown SA 15's

SQ 2200D

Kinetik KHC1800 (Front)

Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back)

KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC

130A Alt + Big 3

Archived