Love the renegade, Ive got an '08 800X and a '14 1000xxc

Man, I like this build, if you had more build pics I would nominate you for SOTM.

Beef up your build log bro, share the goodness.

Love the renegade, Ive got an '08 800X and a '14 1000xxc

Man, I like this build, if you had more build pics I would nominate you for SOTM.

Beef up your build log bro, share the goodness.

Sometimes I wish I had gotten an XXC, and thanks man that means a lot. Hopefully I'm going to be ordering something this week and I'll be changing up some stuff and be able to get a bunch of build pics. I did a lot of this work before I was really a member so that's why there's so few pics

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

• 2 months later...

not much of an update but I've been wanting to mount some cooling fans on my amp rack for awhile, but have never gotten around to it. The reason being that because of how close the amps are to the back of my seat, I don't think the amps are getting enough air, and there getting they're getting a little warm for my taste ,so I'm finally going to do something about it.

Since I work as an electrician, I have access to all of the terminal strips, relays, and anything else I need so acquiring that wasn't really a problem.

IMAG0032_zps0wnftvb1.jpg

the fiberglass board and the insulators (seen in the next picture) came off of a solid state starter and were going to get thrown away, so I figured I may as well use them

IMAG0034_zpscrfgjo0j.jpg

Then I threw a terminal strip and a couple relays onto the board and it started looking pretty good, and I know I really only needed one relay for 4 fans, but it just looks so much better with two and they're cheap so I said screw it.

IMAG0035_zpshxssn7fv.jpg

Had some SHCA remote wire laying around so I decided to make good use of it

IMAG0036_zpshh8xcrqo.jpg

It turned out pretty decent. It's not my best wiring job ever, but it's definitely not my worst lol. Hopefully this week I'll get around to ordering some fans.

Also I do have a new set of comps on the way, so I'm sure I'll be spending some time fiber glassing up some new door pods. I'm not really happy with the ones that I made the first time, probably because it was my first time fiber glassing anything so we'll see how it goes on the second go round. Hopefully the comps will be here this week and I'll post some pictures of those too.

250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

• 1 month later...

Here's some more pics to finish off the fan project and a few other things

IMAG0041_zpsvfgyylhy.jpg

IMAG0042_zpsl3ddn6f4.jpg

Had to do a little soldering, I have 4 fans so I divided them up into pairs, and soldered the wires so there would only be one set of wires per pair

IMAG0048_zpszgfthhii.jpg

A little peak at the mess that's behind the amp rack

IMAG0047_zpsshjtxzgp.jpg

Backside of the amp rack. Let's start cuttin some holes :D

IMAG0049_zpspv5r4jwa.jpg

Starting to come together, I don't have any pics of the actual holes that I cut. Mainly because they look like that were cut with a butter knife and they're kind of embarrassing.

IMAG0050_zpsskmqgd4b.jpg

Distro blocks in and amp power wires

IMAG0051_zpsu7w1hev7.jpg

IMAG0052_zpsuecngkwh.jpg

I needed to make some spacers to sit the amps up a little higher, so air could flow over the amps a little better. What I did was cut a piece of 3/4 MDF with a hole saw, cut that piece in half, then cut same size pieces out of plexi and glue them to the ends. The reason for the plexi is because the fans have blue leds and at night it kinda makes the edges of the plexi glow, but not extremely well.

IMAG0053_zpsfh7clbhb.jpg

love it when you get wires into an amp without any of the copper showing. The amp closest in the picture is wired with Knu and the one farthest is wired with SHCA and the SHCA is a PITA to get in there.

IMAG0054_zpsa9sfeyd8.jpg

Amps back in and hooked up

IMAG0043_zpsah7xgsmo.jpg

swapped all of my rca's out SHCA rca's. Actually helped me out, I had this alt whine for awhile and when I swapped rca's, it went away.

IMAG0057_zpsaxvvkom9.jpg

Picked this baby up, and I know most of you know what it is :yahoo: For those that don't it's a Pioneer DEH-80PRS, and it's beautiful.

IMAG0055_zpsx5i0czqn.jpg

IMAG0056_zps6229sqzw.jpg

soldering up and heat shrinking the wiring harness. This is so much easier when you don't have stock speakers and only have to worry about a few wires.

IMAG0058_zpsbgpcahnf.jpg

ready to put in the truck

IMAG0059_zpsoaediaqy.jpg

Got it in! :yahoo: haven't even really begun to mess around with the settings, because I haven't time yet.

I've still got some more stuff to do. I've got a set of Morel comps sitting in my room right now that need to go in my truck, but I need to re do my door panels...again. I'm definitely not done with this system, and hopefully...if funds allow it, I may get a new sub and change some stuff around, but unless I get a new job then things may go a little slowly.

250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

Looking good man, nice updates. What sub you plan on changing out too?

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Thanks and it really just depends on how much I want to change. I can go with an AA havoc and not change much, but I may buy an AA mayhem and then swap out the sub amp to an Ampere Audio 3800.1

250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

Thanks and it really just depends on how much I want to change. I can go with an AA havoc and not change much, but I may buy an AA mayhem and then swap out the sub amp to an Ampere Audio 3800.1

Yeah I myself am eyeing a Havoc or SP4 15", currently have the power for the Havoc. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Ill be watching this.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Yeah I myself am eyeing a Havoc or SP4 15", currently have the power for the Havoc. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Ill be watching this.

Yeah same here, I have the power for the havoc, but I know that mayhem would be pretty nasty.

250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know I had been talking about swapping my sub out to a havoc, but a deal came along that I couldn't pass up and I swapped over to Team DC Audio B) .IMAG0065_zpsugljdehg.jpg

IMAG0064_zpsicwpqr26.jpg

If you can't tell, this is a Level 4 12 and I was surprised at how much this thing weighed when I got it.

Before I start throwing a box together, I always like to design it on SketchUp and then use that design as a template for my cuts and everything.

DC%20Audio%20lvl%204%20box_zps3gxuw4uo.j

this is roughly a 1.6 cu. ft. box tuned to 32 hz. Later in the build I ended up changing that to around 35 hz just to see how much upper end bass I could get out of it.

IMAG0076_zps5jnldlpk.jpg

Starting to take shape.

IMAG0077_zpsizsqvebq.jpg

Decided I was going to do a double baffle on the front to try and stiffen it up. Also I wanted to try flush mounting the sub, and make things looks a little better. Also don't worry if it looks like the back and the front baffle are completely off. I just had them propped up on the front, with nothing fastened.

IMAG0078_zpsq0aunzdr.jpg

Got everything laid out to mount the front baffle to the back baffle when I get it ready. With as many screws that is going in it, it isn't moving anywhere.

IMAG0079_zpssqsabcoy.jpg

IMAG0080_zpsebrldh4p.jpg

First and second holes cut. On past boxes I usually used a rotozip and a circle jig to cut the holes. This time I used a router and a Jasper Jig, and oh my God there was a huge difference. The router and the table saw were probably my best friends on this build.

IMAG0081_zps3wxe0rec.jpg

Fits like a glove B)

IMAG0082_zpsfagctrhj.jpg

Decided I was going to lay some fiberglass mat around the corners to help seal it up some, and give the corners a little strength. I know it looks bad in this pic, but I promise I cleaned it up some lol.

IMAG0084_zpsav6apjqb.jpg

Cleaned up the fiberglass some and primered it, so it looks much better now. Also I bought some 1 3/8" rods to go from the back to the front of the box to brace it.

IMAG0085_zpsteh9wncg.jpg

Also in the last pic I test fitted my port to see how everything was going to look on the inside. Then I put the front baffles on, fastened them together and started filling in screw holes.

IMAG0086_zpsncfqg28l.jpg

Got all of the holes filled and smoothed out how I wanted them to, and I decided that I wanted to add a little bit of accent to this box. I took a DC Audio decal, laid it on a scrap piece of vinyl, glued that to the box, and then cut out the excess around it. Soon you'll see where I'm heading with this. Also on this box, I decided that I wanted to mount the box with threaded inserts. I don't have a pic of the inserts or me installing them, but you can see the stainless allen head bolts in some of the pictures.

IMAG0091_zpswecb41xk.jpg

IMAG0092_zpsyyemdqe5.jpg

IMAG0093_zpscz3z4rrv.jpg

Laid out the vinyl and got it smoothed out. You can see the DC pretty well through the vinyl which is what I was hoping for.

Snapchat-5642160766408955939_zps6mluw1n1

IMAG0094_zpsauhmc7aq.jpg

Instead of wrapping the whole box, I wrapped the front and top with vinyl, and then the rest with carpet. I wanted to do that because I think the carpet, sub, and port kind of contrast the vinyl and just looks good in my opinion.

IMAG0097_zpsf0j66s7o.jpg

250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD