Sonic Electronix

Looking for a switch to change between horns and mids/highs on the fly

What's up guys? I am trying to come up with a way to switch between my selenium horns underneath my yukon and my rear mids/highs on the fly. I am just looking for some ideas. I'm not sure if there is some type of 3 way switch that would allow the input of 2 sets of speaker wires to toggle with one output going to the amp. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated. I would like to mount the switch on the dash, then I can just quickly change my crossover settings on the head unit when i swich inputs. The horns won't be used often, I mostly bought them for tailgating and shows. Thanks.

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

Explain how your system is setup. If you have the horns on a seperate amp from the other speakers it is as simple as adding a switch for your remote turn on wire on each amp.

If you have them on different channels on the same amp it is going to be a bit more complicated...

Team NorthWestSPL

Explain how your system is setup. If you have the horns on a seperate amp from the other speakers it is as simple as adding a switch for your remote turn on wire on each amp.

If you have them on different channels on the same amp it is going to be a bit more complicated...

It's on a 4 channel amp. that's the problem. channels one and two are my front mids and tweeters. Horns are channels 3 and 4. And I need my rear mids and highs on 3 and 4 also. But now that I think about it, there is probably no way to do it. I'm running passive crossovers so rear needs to have one set of mid/tweeter per channel. and my horns are bridged. So it'd be difficult to switch between a bridged horn and 2 seperate runs of wire for the crossovers.

Audio Build

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

466rwhp

Bike

Put a switch on each crossover, put a switch on the horns. When you need to change, turn the two mids switches off and horn switch on. Three switches seems to be the easiest way i can think of

Put a switch on each crossover, put a switch on the horns. When you need to change, turn the two mids switches off and horn switch on. Three switches seems to be the easiest way i can think of

I thought about this, it seems to be the only option. Does anyone know if switches have any resistance that would affect final load at the amp if ran in speaker wires?

Audio Build

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

466rwhp

Bike

Archived