Halloween Update 10/31/14 Hotdog's F-150 Build log ((Hertz HSK 165xl's are here))

This is not only the most expensive door speakers I have ever bought but the fist set of components I will be installing.

I imagine the difference between going from a Rockford Fosgate power 6x8 in the doors to these will be night and day.

I am planing on powering them with a Fosgate Punch 800.2.

Question: How do you DD-1 the amp when you have a lot of head room so you dont over power the components?

I dont have a DD-1 yet but that is on my list to get next.

Nice choice on components! I'm running 2 sets of the HSK165s myself and trust me, you've entered a whole different realm of SQ :) ... Also, I'm no expert or nothing, but when I set gains for my mid/highs and I have headroom to spare, I usually set gains at 0. You will have a nice clean signal full tilt setting it there!

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 800.2 is rated at 240x2 @ 4ohm. I know people have put 200 watts to these components. Think It will still be save with a 0db track?

I want these babies to last.

Ok Ken, I will set it with t 0db track. Will wait until I get a SMD DD-1 so I can do this proper.

Couple more items today.

Knukonceptz Battery terminals. What I like about them is they allow you to integrate the factory wiring to the terminal without cutting wires and allows me to hook up my 1/0 wire.

20141031_185905_zpsc2ef61c0.jpg

20141031_185914_zps49dc68f0.jpg

And a picture with the top post adapter for the factory wiring.

20141031_190001_zps5a2b90f0.jpg

Then I picked up another 25ft of 0 gauge wire to run a negative run front to back and for doing the BIG 3 upgrade.

20141031_185726_zpsb8e3463a.jpg

Dont have much more to get at this point. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Nice build so far .. good job on the hsk XL ..I love mine ..can't wait to see more

alpine head unit (freebee 2009 model)2 sets of eclpise 5.25 comp. speakers.

1. set is in the a-pilors

1. memphis mojo 2500 watt amp

1. rockford fosgate t2 15"

dual 2 ohm wired to 4 ohm . seeing 600 watts

1. realm audio 600 watt 4ch

Nice build so far .. good job on the hsk XL ..I love mine ..can't wait to see more

Thank you.. Do you have a build log? Link

I see some upgrades getting installed real soon. Tuned in man!

I might get out and try to run some wire tomorrow. Suppose to be warmer out

God those are nice mids. Gonna love them man

Thank you. Cant wait to hear them playing.

I take you dont have a garage? Sucks having to work on shit outside! In the summer i dont have the time, so i have to buy up and prep everything i can to use my brothers garage for like 5 days straight. Turns out to a 18 hr a day marathon to get the next round of upgrades done.

Archived