Sundown Audio

Performance Teknique ICBM-900.4, 4 channel???

AstoSoup

I am looking for a cheaply priced 4ch. amp, to run two 8" RF Punch Pro mid bass and two RF Punch Pro 5.25" and two Punch Pro bullet tweeters, 5.25's and tweeters will be on a crossover. The flip down monitor I am getting is made by Performance Teknique, it looks like a nice monitor with good reviews but I have never heard of the brand. When I was looking for a 4ch. amp, I came across the Performance Teknique ICBM-900.4D. It's 75w RMSx4 @4ohms, 100w RMS x4 @2ohms. So it will power the 8's good at 4 ohm, while the other channel should power the 5.25's and tweeters pretty well. Only problem, I have never heard of this brand of amp and have no clue how well it will perform. It look's pretty beefy and if it could do rated or a little more, I would be happy. Has anyone had any experience with these amps or know whether or not they're good? I will eventually get a new 4ch. to match the brand of whatever sub amp/amps I get, but would like something for the time being. I was also looking at a Soundstream STL-4500, 500w 4ch., 80wx4 @4ohms, 125wx4 @2ohms. The Soundstream is only a class A/B though, so I am not too sure on that either. Input is greatly appreciated but please don't bust on me for looking at these amps, lol. They're only temporary solutions for the winter and I just don't want something that will struggle to out power my head units build in amp. Thanks!

Head Unit - Clarion VX709 7" DVD Touchscreen

Mid/Highs - Front Doors - RF Prime 6.5" component mids.

A. Pillars - RF Punch component tweets.
B. Pillars - RF Prime component tweets.
Rear Doors - RF Punch 5.25" mids.
RF Punch 3-way passive X-overs.
Mid/Highs Amp - MB Quart Onyx 360.4, 4 channel, 640W RMS.
Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Sub Amp - Audiopipe GD6001 @.5ohm, clamped 2825RMS.
Box - 9.6 cu^3 net @35Hz, three 6" aero's.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

I would put them in the same class as boss.

If that's what you want/can get then go for it

If those 2 are my options I would go with the soundstream

I had a performance technique eq back when I was a noob I thought I needed one. Didn't work took it out and use the eq from the hu and got a better sound

I owned a performance technique 4 channel amp before I knew any better and the sound quality out of them is pretty bad. I doubt they do rated either. I would say Sony Xplod would be an upgrade from performance technique

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Lol alright, don't want no shitty sound quality, Boss equivalent.... How about the Soundstream? I know Soundstream amps are kind of ehh compared to their subs and that amp is REALLY cheaply priced, but how would it fair as far as SQ? The Punch Pro 8's are only 125w RMS and the Punch Pro 5.25 component system is like 150RMS total, so I don't need a ton of power, just SOME quality for now. If the Soundstream is junk too, anyone have any suggestions on a mid range 4ch. that is cheap? Just do not want to spend a lot, as I am replacing my sub amp after the holidays and want to match the brand of that with my 4ch. Have not decided on a sub amp yet and I got the money back for the Hifonics Zues 1000.4 that never got shipped, so just need something temporary. FYI, I usually don't use mid/high amps and use just the head unit power. Now, my bass is overpowering my highs and seeing as the component speakers are decent quality, just need an amp. Thanks everyone, hope to hear some good news!

Fosgate doesn't make a Punch PRO 5.25.

Both of those amps are pretty much garbage(in my opinion). The Performance Teknique us flea market kind of equipment.

Yepp, my bad, just Punch 5.25's. The tweeters that came with the component set blew quickly and I replaced them with the Punch Pro bullet tweeters.

Components: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3141_Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-P152S.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&scid=scplp3821624&gclid=CKLNxLbbxsACFSbl7AodiyIAYA

Tweets: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Rockford-PP4-T-1-5-4-Ohm-Punch-Pro-Bullet-Tweeters-w-Integrated-Crossover-/301233591079?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item4622ebd327&vxp=mtr

Didn't pay full price for the tweets, got them on sale for like $70 :)

If you want to save money try looking at nicer used amps. try craigslist, pawn shops and the classifieds here.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

If you want to save money trying looking at nicer used amps. try craigslist, pawn shops and the classifieds here.

CL in this area is very picked over as far as auto electronics :( Was thinking of checking the classifieds on here earlier so I may give that a go. I didn't know brand on component amps was such a factor, as the amps do not put out much in lieu of RMS. I only need around 300RMS to do the job, sucks that manufacturers cannot even get an amp of that wattage right lol. Guess I will start with AQ, as I am leaning towards two, AQ-1200.1D's strapped for my subs and even if I end up with something else, an AQ 4ch. will be good!

Archived