Sundown Audio

single X-6.5 or SA-8 in 65 Nova

Been running an SD-10 for awhile in the trunk and need to go a little smaller on 400 watts

Trying to downsize and cant decide if Id be better off with the X-6.5 or SA-8V2.

Im trying to utilize the area right behind the rear seat up and out of the trunk pan

Its raised kind of like a shelf and Ive got about 11" X 36" X 10" and the amp powering the front doors and sub also need to go up there.

so are you wanting to run another sub or take out the 10inch from the boot and fit a new box for an 8inch or 6.5inch sub behind the drivers seat?

pull out the 10 and replace with a smaller sub. In the trunk. Thanks for the clarification. Not much to the back seat so it'll still be heard. In fact, I was thinking if I ran the 6.5, I could face it up through where a single 6 X 9 would of gone back in the day to include a round port

• 4 weeks later...

has anyone tried the X6.5 in a sealed enclosure. im sure the output is better in a ported environment, im just curious because im contemplating putting one in each front door, and am concerned on space. and sound, obviously.

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

Have you thought about putting them in the kick panels. They are going bang on your doors pretty good, might cause rattles if you dont make they solid as shit. Depends on power to them to i guess.

In the deck lid would be cool! With a enclosure built around it lil side show said! Don't know how it would sound but id think it'd sound good but would look sweet for sure!

• 3 weeks later...

Have you thought about putting them in the kick panels. They are going bang on your doors pretty good, might cause rattles if you dont make they solid as shit. Depends on power to them to i guess.

i drive a 5 speed, so kick panels are kinda out the window. but i really want solid warm front stage..... :shrug:

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt