Hey guys, I'm pretty sure this is the best section to ask, but I was curious as to whether anyone insures their CA equipment and if so- how? The idea of losing all the goods in a wreck or robbery or the apocalypse scares me. Anyone?

Kenwood KVT-614

(4) Marathon 155 AH batts

2/0 OFC SHCA

Mechman 370

(2) Audioque 3500.1

(2) AA Mayhem 15s

You car insurance company will insure it it's called aftermarket accessories coverage I pay about $5 a Month for $2000 in coverage.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

You car insurance company will insure it it's called aftermarket accessories coverage I pay about $5 a Month for $2000 in coverage.

I appreciate it man, I'll look into that category. Sounds like a good deal.

Kenwood KVT-614

(4) Marathon 155 AH batts

2/0 OFC SHCA

Mechman 370

(2) Audioque 3500.1

(2) AA Mayhem 15s

No problem. Just remember to keep every receipt for your stuff.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

• 3 months later...

It's different carrier to carrier. So it's going to depend completely on who you're insured with. Some the first $500 is free and you can up it for a few bucks from there. Some offer $500 for free and do not offer any additional coverage. Some don't give you a dime for free and charge you $30-$40/month for $1k coverage. And still others don't cover isht and don't offer any coverage for your isht. Call and ask.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

• 7 months later...

It's different carrier to carrier. So it's going to depend completely on who you're insured with. Some the first $500 is free and you can up it for a few bucks from there. Some offer $500 for free and do not offer any additional coverage. Some don't give you a dime for free and charge you $30-$40/month for $1k coverage. And still others don't cover isht and don't offer any coverage for your isht. Call and ask.

They like to rob people, that's for sure. For all the money a person puts into insurance, I think it should at least be decent. I'm through progressive. And like everyone else said, receipts, receipts, receipts. The police would like those too along with serials if it is a robbery, so write down your serial numbers.

Tough titty said the kitty when the milk went dry

"Anchors aweigh! So what do you think of my little vessel? She's what we call a see-worthy. S-E-E, see with your eyes. I feel like my transport should be an extension of my personality. Voila. And this, this is like my little window to the world, and every minute's a different show. Now I may not understand it. I may not even necessarily agree with it. But I'll tell you what, I accept it and just sort of glide along. You want to keep things on an even keel, I guess is what I'm saying. You want to go with the flow. The sea refuses no river. The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure while always arriving. It saves on introductions and goodbyes. The ride does not require an explanation - just occupants. That's where you guys come in. It's like you come onto this planet with a crayon box. Now you may get the eight-pack, you may get the sixteen-pack, but it's all in what you do with the crayons, the colors, that you're given. And don't worry about drawing within the lines or coloring outside the lines. I say color outside the lines, you know what I mean? Color right off the page. Don't box me in! We're in motion to the ocean. We are not land-locked, I'll tell you that. So where do you want out?" ~Waking Life

• 10 months later...

It does depend a bit on the ride, but if you have other aftermarket equipment, or a fairly serious audio system, whereby an appraised value would be higher than Blue Book, check out Agreed Value Insurance. It requires an appraisal, but from there it's a matter of the insurance company "agreeing" that your ride is worth more than a stocker. I use it on my 1990 Miata (agreed value: $10,000) and at least where I live here in Canada, it's quite inexpensive (I pay less than $300/yr). Bonus is this is supplemental insurance that is in effect 12 months of the year, whether the vehicle is insured for road-going use or not. So, for example my convertible, which I insure for about 8 months of the year and store for the other 4, it's still insured in storage, provided it's not on a public road, of course.

Insurance varies so much from place to place that the cost may be significantly different where you live, but it's definitely worth querying your insurance agent about, to see what is available to you.

It's not going to be useful if the vehicle does not have reasonably significant aftermarket improvements or custom paint, or the like. The thing is the appraisal must be good; there has to be something about the vehicle that makes it unusually valuable, everything is determined from the appraisal.

You are not required to insure right up to the appraised value (mine is appraised a little above $10,000) and you have a choice of deductibles ($200 in my policy).

It does have a unique and very good (goal: SQ) sound system that cost me about $1200, everything done by myself including a 12AX7 powered preamp/input selector I designed and built with a 1-off custom PCB. But most of the extra value is in the car: suspension, supercharger, newer engine and transmission, posi carrier, whole-car rewire, napa leather interior, custom gauge cluster, custom seats I built up from Kirkey aluminum bases, paint, convertible top, that kind of thing.

Yea forsure can get it with your insurance . Im covered for 20k and only pay around 120 for full coverage

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

• 10 months later...

Archived