couchlockd's daily 04 grand prix.

heres the picks of my simple little setup for my daily driver 2004 grand prix gt

heres a list of gear;

All NVX envy flex OFC 1/0 for BIG 3 and power and grounds

NVX twisted 4 chan and 2 chan signal cable

sky high 12 guage speaker wire or components.

pioneer XAV2600bt head unit

Eathquake Vtek 6.5" comps in doors

Earthquake Vtek 6x9's in the rear deck

rockford p400x4 on mids/highs

rockford p1000x1 on subs.

kinetic hc 1400blu under hood

kinetic se700 in in trunk

all Tspec v12 and NVX distrobution hardware

IMG_1671_zpsa35444ab.jpgIMG_1674_zpse4bc8118.jpgIMG_1675_zps741e2427.jpgIMG_1676_zpsd0b6c8fc.jpgIMG_1678_zpsadd3a150.jpgIMG_1681_zps8f91aaca.jpg

some power cable IMG_1683_zps7c4b310e.jpgIMG_1684_zps02c5b6f2.jpgIMG_1685_zps854434be.jpgshots

i should mention in the pics they show that i fused the rear battery after the fact (after the rear battery hookup- mistake) i fixed it though i just added a third fuse behind the carpet of the shock tower in the trunk. i kept the improperly placed fuse holder were it was to act as a breaker when servicing the combonation ground/power distrobution block. as it uses MANL fuses that are tight, and could see slipping off a terminal and shorting the system , so with the third i can pull power and replace or change fuses in the distro block without being hot.

also i am considering a 4 channel upgrade as i have no room for my head.

i am thinking adding a second p400x4 or getting a t800.4 or t1000.4, i want at least 150 rms capability in the highs amp. not that i would utilize all that juice, but ya know...

the budget on this install as is was just under $1600.00 usd

well this is my first cab firing setup, i did it more for looks than anything.

i would imagine from my experience with prefab boxes and ssytems, that cab firining needs the seats down, with them up it almost seems like an out of phase issue with the real deep lows but not as bad as being out of phase.

i havent tried facing the subs the other way but am going to soon, dont know if i want them right were they are at turned around or the box pulled to the rear most of the trunk facing the rear of the vehicle.

anyone want to chime in with some advice or theory on the box position. that would be cool.

I've noticed with mine facing back you can "feel" the lows better, and they sound louder and read higher dbs. But problem is trunk rattle with mine, I fixed a bunch of it, just need to do the lid now. For you'd id just mess around with the position and find what you think sounds best. Trial and error my friend

heres the thing if you are firing forward and not sealed off or pushed all the way to the rear you arent getting the kost put of it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived