Amp doesn't power sub.

I tested the rcas as well and they have no voltage either. While testing I noticed it started to smell like something electrical was burning up. Everything is brand new.

Try a different input for the RCAs. It's and amplifier, all it does is amplify what you put into it. No voltage in, no voltage out. iPod or phone with an 1/8" to RCA adapter works. Start with the volume all the way down and slowly roll it up.

As far as the smell, sometimes new electrical components will have an odor as they warm up after being turned on for the first time. Hopefully that's all it is.

Why didn't the amp turn on BTW?

Static drops are my bag.

What headunit do you run. Some aftermarket head units have a subwoofer on/off setting.

I have a Kenwood DPX500BT, it does have one and it's on. I noticed there are three sets of rca outputs on the head unit. One is front, second is rear, and last is sw which is steering wheel. I have them in the front.. It really shouldn't matter should it?

I tested the rcas as well and they have no voltage either. While testing I noticed it started to smell like something electrical was burning up. Everything is brand new.

Try a different input for the RCAs. It's and amplifier, all it does is amplify what you put into it. No voltage in, no voltage out. iPod or phone with an 1/8" to RCA adapter works. Start with the volume all the way down and slowly roll it up.

As far as the smell, sometimes new electrical components will have an odor as they warm up after being turned on for the first time. Hopefully that's all it is.

I'll have to buy an adapter tomorrow and try that.

It didn't turn on because I'm stupid and forgot my bass knob had an on/off button.. Hooked it up and pressed it and it turned on.

It didn't turn on because I'm stupid and forgot my bass knob had an on/off button.. Hooked it up and pressed it and it turned on.

Archived