help me :) tips, tricks,facts of remote starts/alarms

OK so not sure if this post is in the correct spot, so if its not mod please move to its place. I have a opportunitie to work for my friend's shop. I got the audio install down to pass in that part of the business. But the remote start/alarm part I'm not all that . He is basically doing a apprenticeship so it will all be learned along the way. But would like to be knowledgeable from the start. So I don't have to ask 1000s of question off the bat. And 90% of his business is in remote starts. For the BIG chevy,ford dealers so its a lot of NEW vechiles. So if you guys could help out...

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

Directed is really trying to get the work down to a min with their newer model remote starts and alarms.

Best tip any one can give is read directions twice install once then double check. Start the car up a few times, arm it, disarm, and set the alarm off a few times. Quick installs will come with exp so take your time while you learn. That's all what I've been told by a remote start installer of about 7 years. I haven't do e one myself though.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

When it comes down to it, it's not that hard man. Especially when you have programs like Directechs to tell you all the info. Just follow directions and test every connection. a lot of new cars need immobilizers and/or bypasses to get passed the factory anti-theft systems. So be prepared to read.....a lot. But if this is an apprenticeship type thing, they should expect you to ask a ton of questions.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Thanks guys.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

any vedical with a can bus will make you want to quit. unless its a dodge. then its a plug and play.

Toyota Tundra = SUCK BALLS,

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

basically get ready for about a 15% success rate on your first 5-7 cars after that you will gradually get better and better...If you have ANY questions make sure you ask before splicing or cutting or altering any vehicle connections..It is possible to completely fuck a car over by botching a remote start or alarm install

Archived