I just got my AMM1 in this morning. tried it out and it doesn't read Live power or Dyno power when selected, consistently. it'll read it just not every time. I have to turn the unit off than on several times before it registers any numbers. next thing I noticed is that on the back of the device I don't have a sticker with a serial number.

What to do?

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have contacted the dealer i bought it from and they are going to swap out the unit I have. hopefully the next has a serial number and works properly.

• 2 weeks later...

i received my second AMM1 from an SMD dealer. it still doesn't have a serial number. now this unit refuses to turn on. if it happens to turn on, it'll shut off after it shows that the battery is good. What gives? I've been more than patient about this whole ordeal, now it's getting ridiculous. I thought SMD products are suppose to be made with the highest quality. I am now doubting that anyone that is part of making SMD products or putting their name on it gives a shit about customer service and that it's all about the brand. first it's the unit not having a serial number, not that big of an issue if it works like it suppose too. second it doesn't work as it suppose to, it won't read live power or do any other functions as it suppose to. I send that unit back than receive the replacement unit a week later. now this this unit doesn't have a serial number either, no biggie if it works like it suppose too. sure enough it doesn't even power up. now that dealer is now out of stock of AMM1s b/c they only had 2 in stock, i bought one and it didn't work so they sent me the other one as it's replacement. now I've been out $400 for an AMM1 for 2 weeks with only having the product in my hands for 2 days out of that 2 weeks. during the 2 days that I've had the product in my hand, it hasn't even worked. now would be the time for someone to step up to the plate to make things right. does a video need to posted to youtube that shows that the product doesn't work.

either give us the name of the dealer or don't post publicly about this and deal with damore himself. I'm sure he would like to know who is selling his product like this.

SonicElectronix.

Best thing to do in this situation is talking with Damore rather then talking shit on here.

Sorry your having issues but the people that actually build these and design them aren't hard to get ahold of. I'm sure you would make it further with them.

Edited by alaskanzx5

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Not shit guys. Glad to see the support for victim blaming. I just sent an email. They also have an SMD forum account too to have live dialog with their customer base.