You havet fully tried to solve the issue yet but you still come here talking shit about the person who made it. Saying they don't care about quality or their customers. A direct Stab at them with out trying to contact them to let them know of the issue.

If you had done that and the posted a review of the whole issue and what damore and Steve Meade did to correct the issue then it would be a legit reason to post this.

I'm sure they will contact the dealer you purchased from and fix the issue.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I understand that you're upset spending $400 and not having a working product in your hands. I get that, really dude I do.

Did you ever think to email the man that actually built the thing? That's all I'm getting at. Tony D makes himself VERY easily accessible and cares very much about you having a working product in your hands. Anyone that has had ANY interaction with him, knows this. A simple email/phone call and he would have taken a personal interest in YOUR problem. You saying that you doubt the guys making the tools probably don't give a shit about their products couldn't be further from reality.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I understand that you're upset spending $400 and not having a working product in your hands. I get that, really dude I do.

Did you ever think to email the man that actually built the thing? That's all I'm getting at. Tony D makes himself VERY easily accessible and cares very much about you having a working product in your hands. Anyone that has had ANY interaction with him, knows this. A simple email/phone call and he would have taken a personal interest in YOUR problem. You saying that you doubt the guys making the tools probably don't give a shit about their products couldn't be further from reality.

Guess I am the luckiest person in the world to get back to back defective products of a rarely sold item. That's like buying a Ferrari and it becomes a lemon. Than get another Ferrari and its a lemon too. The odds???

I posted this thread about 2 weeks ago for some direction and no one had anything to say. Now I call out a brand and now everyone has something to say about the kind of person I am. Amazing that you guys are blaming me but when I was being nice asking for advice, you guys were all quiet. Now my asking for advice has turned into me causing my own issues and making accusations, you guys all want to start pointing the finger at me. Really guys? How many SMD products do you own? I am in no way a hater. I am an installer and always looking to get any edge I can over other installers in my area. I use my SMD tools on the regular. Hell if Steve came out with a fkn screw driver, I'd probably buy that too. A forum is open dialog for people to connect. Last time I had an issue I posted a thread and Tony responded later the same day. I was pretty much expecting a similar interaction since he still is a partner in here.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

in most cases i would never think of emailing the inventor of a product for help with a companies quality control, but with this particular product it's a small high end market so he might take that sort of thing seriously

sonicelectronix is an old company tho that I've had good service from, so you might be the rare case that gets shitty service

if i were in this situation, I'd try to get my money back and place an order from another dealer promoted by the site, wccaraudio, droppinhz, sky high, or others I'm not remembering

edit: oh and the chances of two Ferraris in a row being lemons? a lot more likely than you think haha

Edited by MaxVolume

we have yet to have an AMM-1 come in for failure...we had an issue (on the early models) which required them to be re-flashed though. I have no idea what the deal is with serial #'s because they all have them here. But like other's have stated, contact D'Amore Engineering personally and he will get you taken care of fast. That is not just "calling the inventor", that is calling Tech support.

and for you to say we "don't care" or "don't give a shit" is nonsense. You didn't purchase it from me and this is the first i have heard of it.

Contact info is here and i will forward this link so he can see it.

http://www.damoreeng.../contactus.html

Just so you know, we are REALLY easy to deal with and have sold over 10,000 units between all of our products with about a .001% failure rate, almost every single problem was user error. I can't count how many times the issue was resolved and after them posting, basicly bitching about us, all we get is a "my bad, thanks".

so do us a favor, before you rake us over the coals, and contact tech support. We will be glad to take care of you.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

in most cases i would never think of emailing the inventor of a product for help with a companies quality control, but with this particular product it's a small high end market so he might take that sort of thing seriously

sonicelectronix is an old company tho that I've had good service from, so you might be the rare case that gets shitty service

if i were in this situation, I'd try to get my money back and place an order from another dealer promoted by the site, wccaraudio, droppinhz, sky high, or others I'm not remembering

edit: oh and the chances of two Ferraris in a row being lemons? a lot more likely than you think haha

Sonic is an Authorized dealer but they don't provide tech support. I have received about 15 DD-1's, CC-1's and maybe one IM-SG (never an AMM-1) from them, from customer returns over the last 3 years. Guess what? EVERY one of them worked perfectly. They take stuff back and don't even test to see if the product is in fact defective. So it doesn't surprise me that they haven't helped much trying to fix the issue. We can though. D'Amore Engineering is always the best bet if you have any type of issue.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Guess I am the luckiest person in the world to get back to back defective products of a rarely sold item. That's like buying a Ferrari and it becomes a lemon. Than get another Ferrari and its a lemon too. The odds???

I posted this thread about 2 weeks ago for some direction and no one had anything to say. Now I call out a brand and now everyone has something to say about the kind of person I am. Amazing that you guys are blaming me but when I was being nice asking for advice, you guys were all quiet. Now my asking for advice has turned into me causing my own issues and making accusations, you guys all want to start pointing the finger at me. Really guys? How many SMD products do you own? I am in no way a hater. I am an installer and always looking to get any edge I can over other installers in my area. I use my SMD tools on the regular. Hell if Steve came out with a fkn screw driver, I'd probably buy that too. A forum is open dialog for people to connect. Last time I had an issue I posted a thread and Tony responded later the same day. I was pretty much expecting a similar interaction since he still is a partner in here.

////////////////////////////

The AMM-1, like all of our tools has a auto-off timer that will shut it off after about 8 minutes to save the battery if accidentally left on. If you are deep in the middle of doing something and you are worried about it shutting off mid-test, just press the "ON" button occasionally, this will reset the timer.

If it turns off and says low batt when turned back on, or just won't turn on at all, the battery is probably junk. Even "fresh" batteries if cheap or old might have problems. You need a quality battery like a duracell or energizer that has been made in the last couple of years. They ususally have experation dates on the packaging.

About it not reading power, let's make sure the battery issue isn't an issue and then try measuring power again. You need both the voltage probes hooked to the amplifier speaker + and - and ONE of the speaker wires (the positive or negative doesn't matter but not both) going through the current transformer hole.

As for the serial number, it should be behind the rubber boot on the tool above the battery door. We build all of these by hand, 100% in Tempe, Arizona. We do not buy these or outsource the labor and the same 2 people have been building them for over 3 years and over 6000 units now. I have no idea why a serial number wouldn't be there.

Lets work though these items one at a time, I want you to enjoy using the AMM-1 as many others do.

Tony

Edited by TonyD'Amore

^^

If that is not giving a shit about their product or customers then I'll just jump off a bridge now.

Sorry op but the whole smd line has great customer service and quality. They unlike most companies like to handle issues themselves. They take a straight on approach to all issues and will never ignore it.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

////////////////////////////

The AMM-1, like all of our tools has a auto-off timer that will shut it off after about 8 minutes to save the battery if accidentally left on. If you are deep in the middle of doing something and you are worried about it shutting off mid-test, just press the "ON" button occasionally, this will reset the timer.

If it turns off and says low batt when turned back on, or just won't turn on at all, the battery is probably junk. Even "fresh" batteries if cheap or old might have problems. You need a quality battery like a duracell or energizer that has been made in the last couple of years. They ususally have experation dates on the packaging.

About it not reading power, let's make sure the battery issue isn't an issue and then try measuring power again. You need both the voltage probes hooked to the amplifier speaker + and - and ONE of the speaker wires (the positive or negative doesn't matter but not both) going through the current transformer hole.

As for the serial number, it should be behind the rubber boot on the tool above the battery door. We build all of these by hand, 100% in Tempe, Arizona. We do not buy these or outsource the labor and the same 2 people have been building them for over 3 years and over 6000 units now. I have no idea why a serial number wouldn't be there.

Lets work though these items one at a time, I want you to enjoy using the AMM-1 as many others do.

Tony

FOR ALL OTHER COMPANIES.. THIS IS WHAT TECH SUPPORT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

Had the opportunity to enjoy a AMM1 for about 7 weeks.

I got it, and had a small convo with Tony. Most was just bs'ing. But, he did suggest i send it in as it was one of the very first bought, and would need a firmware update.

I had a large 3x coming up. I sent it.

TD he did his thing to it, and shipped it back, all with in a 5 day window, which, gave me time to use it before the show.

I have every other smd tool, (dd1, cc1) meters, (OM, VM) Shirts and Damore decals. So i am fully aware of the quality and care provided. But this, even impressed me.

Op, it will get taken care of. I would NOT worry in the slightest. Just do as the man says.

Edited by KyLar96