Sundown Audio

Thoughts on Ampere Audio's new 8.0 tfe amp

vetkilr01

It's called 8.0 for a reason. Because that's where I would "certify" it with the way that I test and on the electrical that I would use it on.

It's not just a made up nomenclature for marketing.

This is 8,000w clean at 1 ohm resistive and at very close to rated voltage.

8DC91AA4-51B9-4E3E-AF41-3993CACD80D0_zps

It just happens to do more if you have enough juice to support 1,000+A of draw and keep it over 12.8v. Personally... I like to know what amps do at 12v battery voltages.

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, it seems like a stout mother fucking amp and I can dig that.

On the other hand, if an amp does 10k at 12v and you market it at 8k, you are lying to your customers which is just as bad as if the amp did 6k and you said it did 8k.

Customers use the rated specs when determining which equipment to use. When the amp puts out an extra 2k than it is rated for, you have to take that into consideration when desiging your enclosure and choosing your subs.

I would rather see them market this as a 10k amp if it does 10k at 12v.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

I wish I knew more about how amps worked so all of this would make sense.

My T1500.1 is a 1500 watt amp that does more than 1500, everyone is OK with that.

This is an 8K that does more than 8K but it's not OK.

I know I am missing something but I don't know what it is, someone help me understand what I am missing.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I wish I knew more about how amps worked so all of this would make sense.

My T1500.1 is a 1500 watt amp that does more than 1500, everyone is OK with that.

This is an 8K that does more than 8K but it's not OK.

I know I am missing something but I don't know what it is, someone help me understand what I am missing.

Personally I don't see it being as much of a problem at such low power levels, but I don't think it's OK in that situation either. Amps should be rated as they are. The whole 'underrated' bandwagon is fucking annoying.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

please tell me that the tfe stands for tayllor fade edition. if not im starting that rumor

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

the interwebs has destroyed us all.. everybody is a expert on all matters of car audio.. most people are commenting on these amps and will never ever buy a 8k let alone a 10k amp so why are they even making comments?

who cares what amp it is.. who cares how much power it does.. if you wanna run it.. do it.. if not.. then the hell with it because chances are you were not going to buy it anyway

on that note i will walk away because what the hell do i know.. im just a nobody

:(

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

I got my preorder in. Im aware what it puts out and will use every bit of it regardless whats its rated at. Andrew is an awesome guy and has been very generous with questions and past purchases "aa7500".

And yeah it maybe be a "10k" amp but itll STILL be cheaper at regular price than other 10k's. And whoever said it puts out alittle over 10k is wrong.

It was stated to expect 12.5-13k at 14.4volts...I believe you would be getting well your moneys worth so im not quite understanding some of you guys problem with that ...carry on :)

Archived