Sundown Audio

Well then... (New tool'd basket)

Not in house, not what I was meaning sorry about that. Tooled overseas still IIRC but they are his own designs, that's what I was getting at.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

just wanted to clarify. in housr means cnc . which means Jacob hasnt slept since loland we would surely havr some wild stuff coming out soon. I dig thr basket. its amazing how far weve come with technology

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Makes me wonder if people in 15 years will be looking for this basket.

My guess is that will depend on how many motors are ever made that need that much clearance, and whether 12" spiders and other proprietary parts will still be available at such a date. Of course you must realize that this is going to be a very niche market thing, that lion's share of the overall car audio market would think SA series is overkill.... I'll be most interested to see if the extreme segment of the market will actually be willing to shell out the money to pay for all of the materials, R&D, AND the extra cost of every part involved with an actual working unit that's taking advantage of the limits of that size frame..... if not, he can chalk it up to advertizing expense and have just a super Billy-bad-ass sub just for the sake of saying they have a super bad ass sub to get people talking about the brand.

The popularity of the 12 spoke and Ti style frames is largely because they're so popular. Essentially they have become de-facto standardized among many companies. So really if this works out, in 15 years you won't need to "look for" this frame, everybody will be copying it.

Props to Jacob for pushing the envelope with designs though.

I think what we are seeing is the next phase of woofers coming to fruition much like when we started to see the 4 inch coils and things like that becoming popular. some people are just getting ahead of it early

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

The tooling itself is not done in-house -- the frame is our (patent pending) design, though :)

IMO... things like 12" spiders WILL become more readily available in the future... but possibly more-so in home audio. Either way I'm ready to use it to the fullest for Sundown at the last whether everyone else does the same or not!

It may take a while, of course... the Ti frames were tooled ~15 years ago and it took basically until I tooled my frames to get something else any better in terms of clearances and strength. Now you'll see some other guys that, like myself, actually want to push the envelope doing their own frames... B2 just did a 15" frame, DC did an 8" and 15" frame, and Incriminator is working on frames too. The future of big powered subs is pretty promising once you leave behind 8" spiders and standard frames on those models (obviously theose parts are still perfect for units that aren't top of the line).

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg