They look great and seem to perform flawlessly, but why the hell is a volt meter $80 retail. I live in Canada and after the conversion it comes close to $92.

How can $80 for a volt meter be justified? Either your production costs are way too high or you're over charging people. I wanted one and was willing to pay $30-$40 retail with no issues but as soon as I saw $80 I went and ordered the stinger one off ebay. It works great and is very accurate within 1/10 of a volt. My meter was $22 after shipping and everything and it works perfect, no way should another one be 4x the cost with the same functionality. I was willing to pay nearly twice as much just to have this nice looking meter but when it comes to $100 for a simple voltage meter I believe that's beyond the point where that $100 is better put towards something else for your system.

Not trying to hate, just trying to understand. Most of you will say it's better, when really they do the same thing, and both do it exceptionally good. I do understand that most of you will be biased because, well these are the SMD forums.

Thanks

Syphlyns 2000 F150 4.6L V8

H/U: Kendwood KDC-X898

Speakers: 4 x Alpine SPR-68 Speakers

4 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-F4

Sub: Sundown Zv4 12

Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-2000D

Box: 2.75 Cu Ft @ 31Hz

Alternator: Mechman 250A elite series

Wiring: All KnuKoncepz 0 gauge OFC + KnuKonceptz Krystal RCAs

Handmade in the US by people who actually care about what they're doing. Excellent customer service if shit should hit the fan. More accurate and responsive than a digital LCD meter.

/thread

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

I could go on about the quality differences between the VM1 and the stinger you just bought. But you will just defend it till it dies, which by the way it will crap out on you.

Or I could go on about how expensive it is to bring a new product to market. But you will just say it can't be that expensive.

So, I will just say this instead. Either you can afford one, and will buy it, or not. So go on about your day.

Thanks

Edited by kingsuv

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Look at the manual, at the units specs. Compare that to Stingers specs. That alone does some speaking..

Combine that these are built and sold on a MUCH smaller scale too.

Also, factor in that these are handbuilt in CA

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

my dakota digital was 100 plus. this isnt a cheap hobby although the way some look at their electrical youd think otherwise

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.