5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

i wanna say you broke your box. i had the same thing happen to me 5 weeks ago. 2 days before a show i turned my system up and it had lost all the power. no highs..Lil lows. while i was looking for electrical issues i found the side of my box Was separating.

check your box, play at half volume and feel your box. check for leaks and flex. if everything was fine before you switched subs, either you wired the ohm higher then planned or your box is leaking

This is why i started to fiberglass the inside of my boxes. I have had the same issue in the past. Since I started to glass them, not a single issue!

I have a picture downloaded but i can not figure out how to post it on here

Check out this thread:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160056-how-to-post-pictures-on-the-forum-photobucket/

Also you may want to give all dimensions of your box, you have given the area dimensions but not the length of the port, or the length of the port parts can also do.

• 1 month later...

The dimensions of the box are 32w 27.5d 15.5h which are my max dimensions. I have decided to just build a new box and fiberglass resign the inside to make sure it does not break again. I think another issue was that i may have tuned the box to around 28hz rather than 32hz which i was planning. Could anybody help me with a box design because i created one on reboxcalculator but i know that there have been issues with that calculator in the past.

FYI, the resin alone will seal up the wood, but will do almost nothing to increase the strength of the box. To add strength you need to put some fiberglass mat or cloth along the joints.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived