Ohio Generator alternators good output at idle?

i been around car audio for about 13 years and yea that is somewhat true but there are brands out there that are better deals, its not just a chart that goes up to the right and you know that the more u pay the better it is. anyone who strictly believes that is foolish good example is amplifiers with the same board but different prices, hmm wonder if the one you pay mroe for is better? not when its the same damn thing lol

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

There's many many reasons why most people here will tell you to get one of the following:

Mechman

DC Power

Singer

And L-O-fuckin-L Iraggi. Just, no.

lots of guys around me run Iraggi.

always have a fire extinguisher ready at shows

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

i been around car audio for about 13 years and yea that is somewhat true but there are brands out there that are better deals, its not just a chart that goes up to the right and you know that the more u pay the better it is. anyone who strictly believes that is foolish good example is amplifiers with the same board but different prices, hmm wonder if the one you pay mroe for is better? not when its the same damn thing lol

This is a conversation about alts not anything else and when it comes to alts you get what you pay for. Mechman, dc, or singer are where you should be looking.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Been hearing alot about the dc alts, prices are up there though.

sometimes you can get special prices on equipment in certain circumstances. this can throw off the entire you get what you pay for scale and confuse the hell out of people like me. lol

So far the best ive heard about alts companies has been ohio gen, dc power,and singer. seems like ive heard about more people using singers or excessive amperages then any other brand

Ohio gen certainly didnt have anything good to say about any other alternator company.

Kenwood excelon ddx795

McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

you have lack of knowledge.. yes some amps have the same board and some cost more. do you know why? CS yes they have extra employees who they employ so we can have good service.. sundown one of the expensive but the best CS. crescendo audio. one of the cheapest.. the worst CS. you also risk them not having the amps in stock and have to wait 6 months. or opt for a refund and still get the expensive one.. CS comes at a price and a business is not going to pay for it. its us the consumer who will pay for them to employ people so they can offer CS.. what will happen if crescendo hires 10 people? amps will cost more but the CS will improve

edit: the board might look the same sometimes identical.. the difference is the components in them.

With DC, yes you're going to pay more, and if you order at the wrong time, you're going to wait. They deal commercial and when they get a massive order, you may be sitting in a work pile for a long while.

But, you're probably never going to be able to get a better alt.

With singer, a massive plus is his warranty. If you did burn it up, get in touch and he'll fix you right up.

Mechman you get a blend of both. A great alt, great customer service and forum support here, and if you kill it they'll replace the guts for a nominal fee.

Iraggi is known by the communities to sell a shitload of Alts, and then disappear for a few months. And if/when he goes in one of these binges, it seems you see quite a few people start having problems right before he disappears. There's more than a few people here still waiting or have given up waiting for repairs and moved on to one of the mentioned 3 above.

EA... I can't even add much for them anymore as I don't ever hear about them anymore.

One more thing to add about Ohio gen, if they're so great at what they do and want to showcase it, why can they not even complete the website they have? Its be 'new' and 'under construction' for at least a year and a half. Really? Can't even finish your damn website? You'd think they would try to show off their proud achievements to help make sales, but idk, I guess I'm just weird thinking that way.

I'm on mobile, so this is just a down and dirty summary, but if you want to do a little more research, search the company and add problems to the end and see who has been able to get help.

you would think the internet would make things easier but sometimes it just makes them harder haha

Yea i heard irraggi is not the greatest prolly just rewound alternators.

I think the issue is with alot of these companies they have friends or family that are trying to blackeye the other businesses so they can secure more sales for themselves

the local db drag certified judge says he has sold 40 excessive amperage alts and only had 1 bad 1 so far and it was taken care of quickly by the owner. thats a better success rate then I have had buying alternators from autozone for stock replacements.

my idea for electrical setup was to get a nice high amp output alt and then have project db make me a bracket to mount it in addition to the stock 130 amp alternator, and then just run everything but the big amp on the stock alt and the class d on the high amper

I agree about the website not being done but I was told it would be up in a few weeks and all sales would only be thru dealers then and no more call ins

Im glad i found this forum there is quick replies and alot of good info here back in my day I used realm of excursion ,sites dead nowadays

I have been out of the game for many years but i was a db drag state champion.

Picture16.jpg

Kenwood excelon ddx795

NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

2007 Yukon xl

I wouldn't use one of their alts if they provided it free and installed it as well, bunch of incompetent fucks who want to do nothing more than bash any other alt manufacturer.

truest thing I've heard all damn month...

I called them to try and get an alternator for my civic. They are local and a lot of the local guys run them, well I got Tom and that's about the time I stopped listening. I asked what he had, he told me 160amp and it makes 60 amp at idle. I told him that his price was better, but the output isn't quite what I could get from the two other others. He asked who I was looking at, I told him singer and DC power. Proceeds to say "singer, hahahah don't waste your time." "That guy can't make alternators, he buys them off the shelf" to top it off. he said "DC has a list of problem a mile long". That's where I left it. I won't even call them again.

My DC has been great, I had a small issue with it but that is because of the crappy aftermarket regulators for hondas. They replace the whole alt and put a OEM honda regulator on it this time and it acts just like the factory one with better output. DC has my vote again and again and again.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Archived