Ohio Generator alternators good output at idle?

If a company needs to bash others in order to make sales.. that says something.. to me at least..

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were glad to have you and a lot has changed in 13 years, so have fun here and read up because this forum is packed with information and other people running some very large systems.

I can help but laugh though at "the site will be up in a few weeks". Same shit they told me when I talked to them.... June of 2012.

Same thing they told people summer of '13.

leaning towards an excessive amperage, talked to someone i used to regularly compete against and he has 1 and is happy with it.

to really get down to the base question here like the thread topic says........

WHO HAS A OHIO GENERATOR ALTERNATOR AND WHAT IS IT PUTTING OUT AT IDLE?

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

When you get a quote from one of those alternator companies, they should be able to tell you how many amp's it should be putting out at idle levels. When I got a quote for my Singer alternator he advised me how much I would gain at idle compared to my stock alternator. I'd suggest asking Ohio Generator what theirs is rated for at idle.

I did ask but like an idiot got sidetracked talkin about world finals and thats the one thing i didnt write down :P

Kenwood excelon ddx795

McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

Well, if you are wanting to know if Ohio Generator's the best choice, i'd call them back and get the answer. Then compare it to other quotes to see how they do against the competition. None of us are going to be able to answer your question. Even if others used Ohio Generator in this forum, they most likely don't have the same exact alternator you are looking for. As mentioned earlier, you can get all kinds of alternators from the same company.

Here is some info on 6 phase alternators:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/144368-what-is-a-6-phase-alternator/

if your running a ford with a high output chances are its the large case 3g alt

Kenwood excelon ddx795

NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

2007 Yukon xl

After some searching i found someone on another forum that had posted the benchmark sheet that comes with all ohio alternators for the ford 3 g 275 amp alt (the model i am considering is 300 amps but same application)

thought id post it here to kinda end this thread and answer my own question. the 92 5.0 motor I have has a crank pulley 6 inches in diameter and both of these alts have 2 inch pulleys( I believe,not 100% sure on the dc) so you divide the alternator rpms on bench sheets by 3 to get the output at the respectable engine rpms

I believe my car is idling around the 800 rpm range currently but It is very easy to bump these idles up and I will prolly raise it to 1k rpms when i get a high output model in there

20130407015440.jpg

Here we have over 300 amps at 2 k engine rpms on the ohio with a very nice 259 amps at 1k engine rpms and this is the 275 amp variation (i suspect the 300 amp will do even better)

And here we have the biggest alternator available by dc power for the ford large case 3 g application

270-XP.png

As we can see here the dc power is doing a very nice 233 amps at 1 k engine rpms and a very respectable 263 amps at 2k engine rpms

both very nice. the ohio is 3 digits cheaper then the dc power.

I think i have made my decision on which alt to run.

Appreciate everyones input on my thread thanks alot guys!

Kenwood excelon ddx795

NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

2007 Yukon xl

Archived