Sundown Audio

Is it normal to hear "sub noise"? Zv4 12

Air leaks can make some pretty bad sounds; that don't sound like air leaks at all -- can sound like bottoming out and all sorts of stuff.

I would tighten the screws down fully by hand (don't go crazy with a drill) -- and listen again.

Assuming you hear some mechanical sounds at ~3.5-4" p-p that would be expected a bit.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Air leaks can make some pretty bad sounds; that don't sound like air leaks at all -- can sound like bottoming out and all sorts of stuff.

I would tighten the screws down fully by hand (don't go crazy with a drill) -- and listen again.

Assuming you hear some mechanical sounds at ~3.5-4" p-p that would be expected a bit.

It's nothing like bottoming out. I can hear the sounds when the cone isn't moving anywhere near 3.5-4". I'll tighten everything down and check the spider today and report back. I was playing a song which i played when I first got the sub and it made no noise. Couple days ago - same song, same volume and I got the noise.

Like I said I'll pull the sub out, take a look, tighten things down and report back later today probably around 4-5pm est.

Thanks

I should mention I'm running an SAz-2000d with the gain set properly but I keep my volume pretty low as of now, because I only have my stock alt and battery. I keep my voltage above 13.5, if it goes any lower I turn it down so I'm not putting that much power to it. Waiting for my alternator to get here. I've yet to hear any mechanical noise such as bottoming out.

Edited by Syphlyn

Syphlyns 2000 F150 4.6L V8

H/U: Kendwood KDC-X898

Speakers: 4 x Alpine SPR-68 Speakers

4 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-F4

Sub: Sundown Zv4 12

Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-2000D

Box: 2.75 Cu Ft @ 31Hz

Alternator: Mechman 250A elite series

Wiring: All KnuKoncepz 0 gauge OFC + KnuKonceptz Krystal RCAs

Took some ratchet straps off the bottom of my box. They were sitting on top of the platform I made (they weren't tightened/securing the box, as they're for my snowmobile). I doubt that was the issue, it wasn't a metal on wood rattling noise. Tightened the sub right up and as far as I can tell the noise is gone but I haven't played it long enough to know for sure and I can't go driving around because my truck needs new rear brake shoes and I don't need to ruin anything.

Thanks guys you are all very helpful hopefully the noise will be completely gone once I get to drive a little longer.

Can't play it in my driveway as it rattles everything in my house pretty bad.

Yeah, securing your subs to the enclosure properly will work wonders.

Once my brakes are fixed I'm doing a 300km round trip down to WA to grab my alt. We'll see how it performs then.