Second Skin Audio

Box above window line

Cj Kumz

Hey guys I gat a little issue here. Ok so I gat 8 cubes to work with under window level

(hatchback) but I wanna do 2 15s. Has any1 got experience with building a box above the window line

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Yep. Don't go too high. What's the question here?

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Above or below the window line, what's the difference other than visability/possibly local motor vehicle ordnances?

I feel like I'm missing the question here.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Unless you are planning on competing, the window line doesn't matter. Use as much space as you can!

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Question was "is it ok to above the window line?"

Thanx for your answers. So going high and firing upwards will be ok as long as the port clearance is fine??

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

Thanx for your answers. So going high and firing upwards will be ok as long as the port clearance is fine??

But the question doesn't make any sense unless used in the context of competing. Why on earth would it not be ok to build a box higher than the window line if you didn't care about competing? Visibility?

Just use as much space as you're willing to sacrifice and call it a day.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

But the question doesn't make any sense unless used in the context of competing. Why on earth would it not be ok to build a box higher than the window line if you didn't care about competing? Visibility?

Just use as much space as you're willing to sacrifice and call it a day.

You hit the nail straight on the head. Thanks for the input

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

Archived