I don't think he's using the amps as master and slave. In which case you would set both with the dd-1.

im just saying MASTER and SLAVE as the ONE you set, and the one you MIRROR using the CC1

No linking no strapping

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try swapping your master and slave around.

I know when I just gain matched both my 4500s a couple days ago I used the DD-1+ to set BOTH amps, then I came back with the CC-1 and checked each amp.

1 of my amps makes about 5 more volts of power when set witth my dd-1+, So if i use the cc-1 to match off my louder amp, it instantly pushes my slave into clipping.

Try swapping your master and slave around.

I know when I just gain matched both my 4500s a couple days ago I used the DD-1+ to set BOTH amps, then I came back with the CC-1 and checked each amp.

1 of my amps makes about 5 more volts of power when set witth my dd-1+, So if i use the cc-1 to match off my louder amp, it instantly pushes my slave into clipping.

Alright I will take that idea also

Just want to make sure you have a good battery in the device like a Duracell, Rayovac, or Energizer, something decent and that it has decent amount of juice left in it right?

I dont know how many times this has happened and you ask the person and they say its a brand new Duracell in the device.

Then when they return the item because it does not work and Steve or Tony get the item back as a return or repair they check the battery first and its usually some dead battery reading 4 volts or some no name generic battery. They simply put a new quality battery in it and the device works just fine.

I myself replace my batteries in my DD-1, DD-1+, IM-SG, and CC-1 as well as my 2 clamp meters and my multimeter twice a year even if there is still life left in the batteries.

Just making sure this isnt the case here. ;)