98 blazer rear ground point?

So I just got a saz 1200d and I need to upgrade my ground point because I feel like even though I got all the paint off, the seat mount isn't the best. Any of you guys with a blazer (4 door) have a better ground than the seat mount inside the car? If not as a last resort I guess I can drill and use a grommet then mount to the frame. If I do it that way will I have any trouble with corrosion using solid copper sky high car audio lugs?

1998 chevy blazer 4 door

stock alt 105a

Battery: Autocraft Gold 75-3

Big Three in Sky High Car Audio 4ga

subs: rockford p2 12's (soon to be sundown SA 12's)

Sundown SAZ-1200d on the subs

Mids and Highs: Infinity kappa 6.5 mid in front doors and tweets in Dash 

sae 50.4 for mids and highs

SMD OM-1 on the subs

Anyone?

1998 chevy blazer 4 door

stock alt 105a

SMD OM-1 on the subs

You have frame rails under the truck, use them. To stop corrosion after you clean off the metal and bolt the lug to it (and use a bolt not a screw) spray it with some paint or plasti dip.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

You have frame rails under the truck, use them. To stop corrosion after you clean off the metal and bolt the lug to it (and use a bolt not a screw) spray it with some paint or plasti dip.

thanks! was just wondering if there was an internal bolt connected directly to frame but its all good. i got a little plastidip that would work perfectly. not just got to get a drill grommet and bolt.

1998 chevy blazer 4 door

stock alt 105a

SMD OM-1 on the subs

Also, under the seat in the back you should see some bolts. I'm not talking about seatbelt bolts either. But you should be able to find one that goes directly to the frame of the car. I also seen people put the ground on the frame next to the rear tire well.

hmm. ill try looking again but i was just out under my car and didnt see any that were directly to the frame that i could get a lug on very easily but ill check one more time. if not ill just go straight to frame rail. thats where my battery and alt is ground to anyways.

1998 chevy blazer 4 door

stock alt 105a

SMD OM-1 on the subs

Well that's where I would

Also, under the seat in the back you should see some bolts. I'm not talking about seatbelt bolts either. But you should be able to find one that goes directly to the frame of the car. I also seen people put the ground on the frame next to the rear tire well.

hmm. ill try looking again but i was just out under my car and didnt see any that were directly to the frame that i could get a lug on very easily but ill check one more time. if not ill just go straight to frame rail. thats where my battery and alt is ground to anyways.

Well, I would definitely ground there then.

Archived