my stereo system is a bigger current draw than my alternator can supply, does any one know which make and model of alternator I need for 160 Amps In my 1996 nissan pulsar Lx N15? Because of my system drawing (at fuse rating max. current) 1800 Watts RMS ( 4 channel OAC160 600w RMS & mono BRX1200.1D 1200w RMS Optima yellow top D51R - 12v 38ah + regular lead acid batt. & boss(ashamed) 8 Farad capacitor) all powering 2 KICKER 6 1/2" coaxial 100w RMS + 2 6x9" VIBE AUDIO 120w RMS amd TWIN INFINITY KAPPA 10.9W 350w RMS 1400w peak *EACH* - Then @ 1 ohm between them and running at 1200w RMS from a Hifonics Amp

My buddy had one of those cars in high school they don't make a damn thing for them lol.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

Singer said I've got a 65A stock Hitachi style alternator but has nothing to help me and suggested a second alternator, but I don't want to have to mess around with lining up new mounts and belts - so does anyone know of a car / van / truck that has a Hitachi style alternator that outputs 120 amps plus? (I am in Australia so US models are hard to find)

AND yes I was told this is in the wrong section of the FORUM

• 2 weeks later...

Singer said they didn't stock alternators for my requirements, how can you help me? In my research I need a 150 amp alternator. Any help would be much appreciated!!! and where are you located and what would be done re: freight? Thanks again Sam(Uel)

Singer said they didn't stock alternators for my requirements, how can you help me? In my research I need a 150 amp alternator. Any help would be much appreciated!!! and where are you located and what would be done re: freight? Thanks again Sam(Uel)

Feel free to text me. Message via PM for the number

• 3 weeks later...

Feel free to text me. Message via PM for the number

Thanks I will do when I can get my paws on some ca$h!

Archived