Sundown Audio

update.

hey guys i found a pretty good deal on 2 sundown x 12's and wanted to know what would be my better option

i was originally going to buy a single sundown zv4 15 and run it on 2k with a nice box 4.25 cubes tuned to 31.5hz with 70sqin of port

BUT

i found a sweet deal on some x 12's ($520 for the pair) but the problem is i would be under powering them (2k watts) and on top of that have them in a smaller box than recommended (3.75 cubes tuned to 32hz 60 sqin of port). (it is a box i already have i made for sa12's although i could make a new box with pretty much the same specs at the box for the 15) i will probably end up building a new box eventually if i do go this route.

So my question is what would you you if you were in my situation? Take that awesome deal for the 12's even though you cant power them right/ have them in right space or stick with the single 15. Im just trying to be a loud as i can be in the lows as possible you know.

Edited by Totalnoob

2k is really the limit on the x series, I could even get my x sub hot on 1800 watts so I'd say zv4, it'll still play the lows just fine lol that's the point of the new Xs and zv4s. Also, it mainly depends on your box too. Any sub will play low in a box built for lows

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

With that power I would do a zv4 and ask to have the X series spider put in to loosen it up some, but I would ask them to get their opinion. Obviously leave in the Zv4 coil though.

thats a meen ass setup ive seen that exact sub in action and its a fucking beast

Build Log

1996 chevy suburban

2 zv4 15

kenwood excelon mids and tweeters

kenwood excelon deck

mevhman 370

3 batts all different

mechman avmb II

2 inch squat

33 inch muds

straight pipes

kixker zx series 4ch

sundown amps

memphis 0 gauge

soon to be fu audio c pillar wall

If i got the zv4 15 would it move enough on 2000 watts? i would just like to see the full potential on the new sub. I am not going to upgrade in a while until i get a new vehicle. So i want to make this purchase right. Im maybe thinking a second sub and second 2k amp in the future for 4k watts in an suv.

If i got the zv4 15 would it move enough on 2000 watts? i would just like to see the full potential on the new sub. I am not going to upgrade in a while until i get a new vehicle. So i want to make this purchase right. Im maybe thinking a second sub and second 2k amp in the future for 4k watts in an suv.

i run my 2 zv4 15s on a saz3500d

Build Log

1996 chevy suburban

2 zv4 15

kenwood excelon deck

mevhman 370

3 batts all different

mechman avmb II

2 inch squat

33 inch muds

straight pipes

kixker zx series 4ch

sundown amps

memphis 0 gauge

exactly

^^^^ so basically 4000 watts

Build Log

1996 chevy suburban

2 zv4 15

kenwood excelon deck

mevhman 370

3 batts all different

mechman avmb II

2 inch squat

33 inch muds

straight pipes

kixker zx series 4ch

sundown amps

memphis 0 gauge

i run my 2 zv4 15s on a saz3500d

Does 2k watts a sub make them move enough? I just hate showing woofers to people and they critizize it by saying oh man they are barely moving you need more power.I also like watching them move a lot. I just want the full potential of the subwoofer because I never spent so much on one sub. I was thinking putting it in the recommended enclosure 4.25 cubes with 68 sq inches of port tuned to 32.