Second Skin Audio

need box suggestions for sundown e15

randyman78596

wuzzuuup, so sundown is selling e15 v1d2's for 68$ each so i picked up a couple...i wanna build a box for just one and i have the schematics for a c215" threatcon2 subwoofer enclosure....the specs for the box i wanna build is 3.8 cu.ft @ 34.5hz with 16.2 square inches of port area per foot.... will this box be cool for the sundown e15v1? any suggestions on what i should change? thanks...

Why not get Sundown's recommended box and build that? Believe they have rec boxes for 1 or 2 subs, you'll need google Sketchup to open and view the files.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Vehicle is 2006 explorer with second row seating, same vehicle as always.. And amp is dual xpe1700..goals-everyday listening, music- everything except for gospel and country and they are selling them for 68$ at sundown..they are In the yard sale, they had 15 dual 2 ohm e15's left when I ordered. You gotta call em

Well the E V1 series specs are still listed at Sundown:

http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/discontinued/item/e-series.html

For an explorer and specially at that price for the subs I would recommend two of them and a better amp (dual just won't cut it honestly), bigger vehicles really need some cone area and power to get nice (otherwise a waste of time in further upgrades IMO), even a 1000 - 1200W Hifonics would be a decent upgrade and are really cheap, 3.5- 4 net per sub @ 33-35Hz sub (or subs up) / port back. Not trying to get you overspending and such is just what I think is worthwhile doing and keep you happy for a while.

Archived