2010 Chevy Equinox stock radio install

I have a friend who has a 2010 Equinox Chevy whos really into the whole edm thing and wants to upgrade his stock system.

However, he wants to keep his stock radio and frankly that has never worked for me and have only attempted to keep a stock radio like once.

The problem is that when I would raise the volume, the systems bass would actually start sounding weaker and just have a weird sounding bass.

I want to attempt his system with the help from you guys about what I need to buy to make his stock radio work well with aftermarket amplifiers.

I want to buy something proven to work very well and not overly expensive. Thanks.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

Any suggestions on products to use. Im guessing I need locs but I need to know what are the best out there. Thanks.

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

What's a dsp?

Budget is no more than $100 so the audiocontrol is looking good.

I researched a little and it seems audiocontrol has different versions of the one posted here and I was wondering if I just want 4 channel and a bass amp, if that one will do the job.

I'm mainly looking for something that prevents the stock unit from lowering the bass signal when I turn it up like the cheap locs still allow.

Also if anybody owns or knows equinox or terrain trucks, i will appreciate advice on putting a system in it. Thanks.

sound processor...but you're just wanting something to cover the bass drop-off on the stock head unit when the volume is being turnt up? This will do what you want...

http://www.amazon.com/AudioControl-2-Channel-Converter-Subwoofer-Control/dp/B004CTBYGE/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1417669129&sr=1-1&keywords=lc2i

I'm trying to install both a highs amplifier and a mono for the bass.

Well the lc2i still do this or do I have to go lc7i? What is the difference from the two?

Thanks.

I'm trying to install both a highs amplifier and a mono for the bass.

Well the lc2i still do this or do I have to go lc7i? What is the difference from the two?

Thanks.

Yes the LC2i will have two outputs...use the fixed output for the highs and use the variable output for the sub amp...if you go on there website, there is a chart that compares all of them side by side, click on oem integration on the left side, scroll down and it should be there...

I'm mainly looking for something that prevents the stock unit from lowering the bass signal when I turn it up like the cheap locs still allow.

As long your source is the stock radio it will continue to do that unless your able to tap into the stock hu processor to change those settings

Not sure if what they have recomnded will help bypass the stock hu settings

As long your source is the stock radio it will continue to do that unless your able to tap into the stock hu processor to change those settings

Not sure if what they have recomnded will help bypass the stock hu settings

It won't, the LC2i will compensate for the loss of bass, for the highs, his adjustments will be made at the amp...something he was asking for, but if he wanted to improve the overall performance, then his friend might want to up his budget...

Archived