what is a good sub for home theater(need more advice)

That's what I do as well, I have an iNuke3000 and iNuke6000 powering mains and subs with the surrounds running off the receiver.

what is the difference between this and the plate amps. do these get low and do they have built in crossovers?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

That's what I do as well, I have an iNuke3000 and iNuke6000 powering mains and subs with the surrounds running off the receiver.

what is the difference between this and the plate amps. do these get low and do they have built in crossovers?

They have two models, one without DSP and one with, I highly recommend the DSP version for the most customization. The non DSP versions will rely on your receiver for xover. You will have more power on tap for the same cost with a rack style amp compared to a plate amp. Plate amps can leak air if you build em right into the box, and depending on where they get mounted can cause other issues. The only downfall the iNukes have is they are fan cooled, speed is regulated by temperature, and some people suggest they get air noise when they're really wanging. Mine are in a ventilated cabinet and with the door shut there's no audible air noise and I don't have an issue with them.

I'll Second the Behringer amps. I used them before to power some yamaha Subs and the work really well. Considering AC amplifiers dont suffer from the same problems as the DC amps in our cars i can't attest to power struggles. But beyond that i currently use Behringer Monitors for music production and they are extremely clean even before using my Yamaha HS8 sub.

• 2 weeks later...

actual inuke 3000 power output: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/213071-behringer-inuke-nu3000-measurements.html

6000 does 700w/ch @ 4ohm.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Says 2k RMS bridged which is probably true for the 3000. And while I don't really argue about test results I don't believe the 6000 only does 700w/CH. Using a 6000 I am driving two pairs of ZVX 18s in PA cabs quite nicely in the arena our MMA shows are at. I replaced a Peavey PV2600 which advertised 900w/CH @4 ohm, it had finally bit the dust. The iNuke has lots more power. Even our fans and fighters have mentioned they noticed an improvement after the switch.

Honestly I have a hard time believing the numbers (especially considering the source - 15A @ 110v outlet), would be interesting to put them on the amp dyno.

I need to pick up another amp for the DJ/Karaoke systems we run.. maybe i'll have it shipped to someone with a dyno to test :)

Unfortunately the inuke is a 2U amp, whereas the SlimPro3000's we use are 1U.. hm. Very impressed with the slimpro3000's btw, we've beat the crap out of them and they keep taking it! Not the greatest sounding amp ever though lol.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived