Alternator Positive post too short?!

Alright, So admittedly this is my first time doing a big three with 0 gauge, so this may be a newb problem. But I have a 2005 Mini Cooper S and the battery is in the back. I am running SHCA 0 gauge from alt to battery.

The issue is SHCA Lug is so thick and with the stock lug too there isn't enough threads on the Alternator Bolt to get the nut back on. Its barely too short. Anyone have a simple solution?

One additional question: I have one 300 amp fuse about 6" from the alt to the battery in the rear is about 12'. Do i need a second fuse by the battery?

Thanks Guys!

Life's a trip. . . Don't fall.

Dude that sucks! Have you tried removing any washers and lock washers to get that last little bit? If you go that route use Locktite on those threads.

I would try using a different terminal. maybe an open end terminal like KNU makes. then use heat shrink and cover the end.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

That a tough one then, i mine was tight to on the factory alt but when Singer made me a HO alt the post was a bit longer. And plastic housing around the post? Or anything else in the way of stopping it from sliding all the way down the post?

Well i would prefer using the shca one So i dont waste the terminal and also have to use more wire to redo it. So im saving that as a last resort, but i don't think a slight thickness difference will help very much. I was thinking about taking the stock lug and attaching it to the SHCA fuse block on the side before the fuse but that means that the ~6" section of 0 gauge from the alt to the fuse block would be seeing more current and potentially be dangerous.

Life's a trip. . . Don't fall.

my car had a plastic housing. I just broke it off lol. and there is a huge difference in the size of terminal. a knu is much thinner than a sky high terminal. I would cut the terminal off, and put a new one on. you can even heat the old terminal up and pull the wire out of you don't wanna waste it.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Archived