Da Fuq needs super caps??? (anyone seen this??,.New lithium)

Wouldn't run one of these even if I was paid to do it. I'll stick with my caps.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Hmmmmm...

interesting.... i did not know

But hell, do the PLUS's out weigh the NEGATIVEs ?

I mean.... you could fuse the balls outta everything no?

Well yeah, but that doesn't prevent accidents, right? I mean isn't that why you're scared of caps, just because of the potential for things to go bad?

I would think they have a lot of the danger mitigated if they are going to be pushing these out to every one, including that kid that may not know what he's doing, that's into CA.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Hmmmmm...

ebola is contagious.. just keep laying up right ;).. when playing Russian roloute (sp) its ok when you hear the click and nothing happens.. its only when you hear the bang that shit gets real. i wouldnt change it at all.

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

Hmmmmm...

Well yeah, but that doesn't prevent accidents, right? I mean isn't that why you're scared of caps, just because of the potential for things to go bad?

I would think they have a lot of the danger mitigated if they are going to be pushing these out to every one, including that kid that may not know what he's doing, that's into CA.

Do i not use a lithium bat in 4 tools i use every day?

Hmmmmm...

ebola is contagious.. just keep laying up right ;).. when playing Russian roloute (sp) its ok when you hear the click and nothing happens.. its only when you hear the bang that shit gets real. i wouldnt change it at all.

:ninja:

i feel ya......

Hmmmmm...

Do i not use a lithium bat in 4 tools i use every day?

And you have protected leads and everything right? I'm just talking about the possible dangers, what could possibly happen in a worst case scenario. Again, I would think they have it all worked out. Which is going to make these awesome.

In any event, it's too early to say anything for sure. But even if these aren't the greatest, I hope someone can make em better, because AGM's need some updating.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Braille batteries specialize in Automotive racing batteries and have been making the Li batteries for years, many other companies use Li batteries aswell. Hell even Hybrid/electric cars use them. I don't see how this is anything to be sceptical about? or am i missing something?

But then again i would agree Lithium is some nasty stuff. I think the first mainstream usage for this element was in Nukes lol.

Lithium batteries can be very dangerous but they are tons of things we all use daily. how many fires do you hear about? Not many. if they are doing this I'm sure they are building some sort of protection circuitry into it to prevent over and under charging.

I've seen lithium automotive batteries in person at some car and engineering shows they are stupid light, small, and make the same power as much larger batts. To me the benefit outweighs the risk.

All That being said lithium fires are fast, hot, and scary kinda like a high priced hooker you decided not to pay. They usually only happen if cells are way unbalanced or damaged

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived