Jeep Wrangler JK alt pcm bypass

I'm on the cusp of ordering a Singer Alt for my '13 Jeep Wrangler JK & was wondering if anyone else has bypassed the computer & used an external voltage regulator? I've heard different things, like if I did I'd lose certain functions ie fog lights ect but on the same token I've heard some not losing anything. Bare in mind, although the same body style from 07-present, they changed to 3.6L Pentastar engine from '11 on, so I'm not sure if that comes into play.

Check out mechman. While when I had my Jeep GC, it was abit older in year, they do have PCM bypass's / AVBM's they might be able to make work for you. Mine was just a dieode in the harness from the alt plug in to factory plug in. Worked like a charm. Note: I think the Voltage regulator in the ALT itself needs to be swapped to accomodate this type of mod. Def. talk to Mike about this option. (I went with the diode simply because it was a 1 wire setup and didnt have to try and mount the AVBM box)

Been outta the game for awhile, but Inherated a new car, so all my stored equipment is about to get a new home.

Thanks for your input buddy. I spoke to Mike @ Singer & he suggested I unplug the harness from the alt & try to run everything off the batt alone & see if I lost any function of anything. I did so & everything worked as usual, aside from but warning light but that was expected. Still in all, I'm still sketchy about using an evr, which is why I was wondering what the computer is set to charge at from the factory & if it would be sufficient and or affect the performance of an aftermarket h/o alt

Archived