Sonic Electronix

Help on just about everything..

Hello guys, got questions on many this i know some of the most basics. I have a set up right now all electrical stock running 2 kenwood kfc w3013ps wired down to 2 ohms pushing 450 rms a piece powerd by a Hifonics BRX1400 with 4 gauge wiring to the amp only. buuuut I want a little more bump from my system. Im driving a 2000 buick lesabre (dont hate) with a 105a alt my main question is doing the big 3

my battery is under my rear seat and i also have 2 fuse boxes one under the hood and one next to the battery so is this how i would wire it? btw do you keep the original power wire? (will be using 0 gauge)

Alt>front fuse box

Alt>Battery

Battery>rear fuse box

Battery>amp

Battery>chassis

Engine block>chassis

or

Alt>front fuse box>battery>amp/rear fuse box then keep everything else the same? I will be upgrading my battery to a XS power.

Looking to remove my rear seat and do a walled off build (not sure if im calling it right) and get two SoundQubed HDS315 1200rms (get a second Hifonics brx1400) or two SoundQubed HDS215 600rms a peice (and keep the amp i have now) What would you do?

trying to do this under 600$

My main thing is im trying to keep my stock alt and my voltages steady. Please no hate.

I am going to help, but if you don't want "hate" you may want to post in the correct category, just some friendly advice.

On to your questions.

Yes, when upgrading wiring always supplement do not supplant.

If I were the one doing your system this is what I would do..

Positive runs:

- Alt to battery with a distribution block on it

- Battery to amp(s)

Negative runs:

- Alt case to frame on either passenger or drivers side and keep all ground runs on the same side

- Battery to frame

- Amps to frame or battery depending on distance

And don't worry, this is advice not hate, your wants are conflicting with each other.

You want steady voltage, to keep your stock alt, and to push anywhere between 900 to 2400W just in bass.

With your OEM alt you can probably spare about 20A or so @ 13 -14V for audio. Thats barely enough for a 500W system using rough math.

Something has to give, or something is going to give if you know what I mean. It takes power to make power, and we can't trick electricity. You always have to supply your Amps with more power than you expect them to make, and you are looking to run more power than your OEM electrical will support.

You can hook all that up and it will play and sound ok, but you will not be getting rated power, you will lose alot of wattage to heat, and it only gets worse from there.

Thank you for your response! how should i wire up my 2 fuse boxes? do it from my distribution block? also how big of an alt would i need to run up to 2400rms (or in that area) and a second batt or 2?

Clarify fuse box...

Like, the OEM fuse box? If this is the case, you don't need to upgrade the wire going to it. Or are you talking about a fused distribution block?

The alt runs to the front fuse box then to my batt should i keep it the same? or just keep the factory wire running to it and skip the fuse box and go straight to the batt? Sorry for all the questions. just want to do it right.

It's no problem but my last post answered this already. Leave the OEM wiring as is, and the stuff you add should skip the fuse box.

Archived