mechman 370 charging at 19v?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something is wrong with the voltage regulator if it's outputting 19 volts without you wanting it to. I would send it back before it screws up your vehicle's computer(if that's your only alternator) and/or your batteries. Only kind of batteries that should see 19 volt is 16 volt batteries and that's still pretty high.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Something is wrong with the voltage regulator if it's outputting 19 volts without you wanting it to. I would send it back before it screws up your vehicle's computer(if that's your only alternator) and/or your batteries. Only kind of batteries that should see 19 volt is 16 volt batteries and that's still pretty high.

you cant assume the regulator is broken.. if he has a control on it chances are he tuned it too high.. lets see if he replies about using a VCM or anything like it

No voltage adjuster just the clip from the Oval 4 pin to the alt which was pretty much the same wire, it did however have the blue wire doubled and a long piece wrapped up but I left it alone. I looked online and from what I could find that was the ignition wire? I tried taking the clip out and just using the stock plug but it was still around 18.8

sounds like the regulator has a problem.. i doubt it though because they test the alts before getting out the door and by the way the box should say the voltage it was running when they test it

Archived