Second Skin Audio

How to Seal Off Wall? HELP? 4th Order...Bad Air Leaks to Rear..

BassObsessed192

man seeing that dollar sign fucking hurt my feelings. they didnt cover it black out windows or add lube even

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Doesn't look like enough screws were used. I hope they poured on the wood glue...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

My suggestion would be finding someone in your area if possible (or even a couple towns over) on here, and pay them to fix it.

(Assuming you don't have the know how or the tools)

If it was an option, I would go back to the guy who built it and ask him politely to fix it. If he doesn't, go back another time...or ask for some of your money back.

If he still doesn't, go back with someone heavy, or go into your local cop shop (if you aren't that kind of guy, or don't know anyone) and file a theft report. You paid for a service, and he didn't complete it. That's same thing as going into his store, paying him for a 40 dollar product, and walking out with 100 dollars in stuff.

Your recourse now will depend on what was agreed upon before the job was started and how the (hopefully) signed work order reads.

Not defending the shop nor the price they charged--but if you don't even know what trim panels are even now after the fact, how could you possibly know what to ask for them to do before they started? On the sides did you say "I want this sealed from the back so no sound escapes, like for an SPL competition" or did you ask them to "build a wall and trim it out to the sides"? There's a huge difference there. Reinforcing the roof could be a day or more by itself and a large chunk of your budget. Was it agreed they would do it beforehand?

Seems to me with the knowledge I get from your posts this may be a dual-fault situation...part shop, part customer.

BTW what do you mean "MY $900 in wood and materials"? You had to go buy it and deliver it to the shop for them to do the work? That's a pretty damn big red flag right there...maybe that's how they got their name. Wow!

Static drops are my bag.

$2000 and they didin't even finish/cover it?

Scrap that shit and start over. Expensive lesson learned.

When I stop to think about it, I got $2000 in materials alone between the 30+sheets of mdf, numerious1galllon jugs of titebond3, 1000s on top of 1000s of brad nails, lag bolts, pl premium 3x, greatstuff, and angle iron

Thats not even counting labor. LOL

Your recourse now will depend on what was agreed upon before the job was started and how the (hopefully) signed work order reads.

Not defending the shop nor the price they charged--but if you don't even know what trim panels are even now after the fact, how could you possibly know what to ask for them to do before they started? On the sides did you say "I want this sealed from the back so no sound escapes, like for an SPL competition" or did you ask them to "build a wall and trim it out to the sides"? There's a huge difference there. Reinforcing the roof could be a day or more by itself and a large chunk of your budget. Was it agreed they would do it beforehand?

Seems to me with the knowledge I get from your posts this may be a dual-fault situation...part shop, part customer.

BTW what do you mean "MY $900 in wood and materials"? You had to go buy it and deliver it to the shop for them to do the work? That's a pretty damn big red flag right there...maybe that's how they got their name. Wow!

Well here's how it went down. I told them "Build this Wall and Seal it off so there's no air leaks" and the builder agreed to those terms. They had me order 11 Sheets of 4' x 8' 3/4 Birch Ply Wood. They ordered the wood from Home Depot and said each 4'x8' piece was $85. And as far as what they actually wrote down, for building this thing the wording on the sheet is more or less "labor $1200", I had some Kick panels built too and rewired stuff. But yeah I admit I feel like I got ripped off.

Archived