Second Skin Audio

How to Seal Off Wall? HELP? 4th Order...Bad Air Leaks to Rear..

BassObsessed192

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tons of great guys in the MI area that can help you fix this.

First thing first

Go into that shop and tell them they did not provide the product they said they would. You asked for a sealed off wall. Building a custom box also includes covering it up to make it pretty. They failed to give you a product worth the money. Tell them you want some of the money back to pay another shop to do the work.

Second

Check pricing on the birch. Here in AK it can be hard to find good birch but it still doesn't cost that much. Usually at most 5-10 more per sheet then mdf.

Third

If you have them the money for the material after pricing it all out yourself go to then and tell them they over charged you in material cost and demand that money back.

Anyone on here that build boxes includes the material cost, vinyl, or paint in the price. Any other ship that does custom work would include all of that. Get quotes from other shops even.

Yes they SHOULD'VE painted the Wall or something but they didn't. I told them I dont want that "carpet" material on my wall, so I asked about paint and they said I'D have to provide the paint I want used, then they'd charge me ADDITIONAL money for the paint job (which would've been a lot). I'm not too concerned with what I spent or what it cost. Im more concerned with just getting this thing fixed right the way it should be. Id like it to be Vinyl'd so it looks cool. Possibly put fiberglassed wood or something on the roof if possible. And definitely considering fiberglass door panels for harder cleaner sound quality.

Guys, no need to bash OP anymore.

Op, use these peoples advice and go try some stuff. See what works best for you and report back and we can give you more direction hopefully. Once sealed off it very well could be a whole different experience (hopefully better). If the dimensions are correct it looks like you should get the output you want once sealed.

Keep us updated on how it's going getting it sealed off.

You got some ides now run with them, start this weekend, I wanted to see some finished wall pics. LOL

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

man seeing that dollar sign fucking hurt my feelings. they didnt cover it black out windows or add lube even

Sorry N8., couldn't help it but that response is Sig worthy.

n8ball2013, on 19 Dec 2014 - 02:33 AM, said:

man seeing that dollar sign fucking hurt my feelings. they didnt cover it black out windows or add lube even

My wife didn't like Decaf..

Until she sat on my subwoofer.

looking pretty good to me on that little bit of power.honestly to me it seems like the hard part is already done,i would read some wall build logs,and get some ideas to finish it up yourself.

Appreciate it sir. Yeah IM even surprised at the air this thing pushes...one 3500 I wasn't expecting it to be as powerful as it is. That's because ROBIN BUTLER made my Wall Design!

Archived