Second Skin Audio

How to Seal Off Wall? HELP? 4th Order...Bad Air Leaks to Rear..

BassObsessed192

Really the wall looks good, I just simply don't like how they didn't seal it off like you said they would. I understand you didn't like the iron in carpet they had and didn't want to pay extra for them to do it in a material you bring in.

I would already talk to them about how it's not sealed like it was agreed to be. See what they say it can't hurt.

If they wont fix it oh well I guess. Get some plastic to cover your car where the expanding foam would go and go that route imo.

For vinyl it's not to hard to do. An easy way is to get a good 1/4" thick foam padding and glue that down to it. Them wrap vinyl around it nice and tight them stake out down where you won't see the staples.

The foam passing will hide any slight imperfection such as a few screw not being counter sunk enough.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really the wall looks good, I just simply don't like how they didn't seal it off like you said they would. I understand you didn't like the iron in carpet they had and didn't want to pay extra for them to do it in a material you bring in.

I would already talk to them about how it's not sealed like it was agreed to be. See what they say it can't hurt.

If they wont fix it oh well I guess. Get some plastic to cover your car where the expanding foam would go and go that route imo.

For vinyl it's not to hard to do. An easy way is to get a good 1/4" thick foam padding and glue that down to it. Them wrap vinyl around it nice and tight them stake out down where you won't see the staples.

The foam passing will hide any slight imperfection such as a few screw not being counter sunk enough.

Thanks for the info sir!

What do you think of these new 2 pics I posted? I ended up getting plastic sheeting from my work so I can cover stuff, just need to go to Home Depot for some Great Stuff next. Anyway, this Side Piece of the wall when the door is closed literally is almost pressing against the window...and I gotta cover this very large gap that i hadnt noticed before. As for the Roof panel: what about that plastic piece that's loose? I can take it out but then there's a giant hole in my panel and i dont see how foam would even stay in there without leaking down

I've Never done a wall ago I can only give ideas.

The broken paid is bass head life issues nothing you can really do.

Where the door closes against the wall you can add weather stripping. The door will press up against it some.

Use masking tape to tape the plastic down to keep the foam off everything.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

IMO you didn't do so bad there. I'd say you overpaid on wood, but only by the fact that you could have gone with a lesser grade ply. Likely they paid top dollar for that ply pictured.

I don't think 2K is terrible for the install either. I wouldn't attempt to build a box like that for any less than 1000 in labor and I have no overhead and am not a shop. 900 in materials isn't far out of line at all assuming everything is solid.

Go back to Home Depot and buy some pipe insulation. Looks like a pool noodle but much softer foam. You can jam that into the small gaps and it seals really nice. As others have suggested use wood or fiberglass to seal off the sides + some expanding foam.

Paint isn't rocket science, but it'll take some effort to just cover everything else you don't want painted.

How did you build a wall without knowing what trim panels were

I didnt build the wall. I paid someone to, "Wow Electronics". And evidently they didn't know about sealing it off. I don't do installs myself, never have. Very little knowledge on that sort of thing. But im willing to learn, especially when it comes to getting this thing fixed right
Which wow? I have a friend that's a store manager I'll make a call if it was his store.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived