Second Skin Audio

How to Seal Off Wall? HELP? 4th Order...Bad Air Leaks to Rear..

BassObsessed192

How did you build a wall without knowing what trim panels were

I didnt build the wall. I paid someone to, "Wow Electronics". And evidently they didn't know about sealing it off. I don't do installs myself, never have. Very little knowledge on that sort of thing. But im willing to learn, especially when it comes to getting this thing fixed right
Which wow? I have a friend that's a store manager I'll make a call if it was his store.

Wow at 8 1/2 and Gratiot. The guy I dealt with is Ron

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didnt build the wall. I paid someone to, "Wow Electronics". And evidently they didn't know about sealing it off. I don't do installs myself, never have. Very little knowledge on that sort of thing. But im willing to learn, especially when it comes to getting this thing fixed right
Which wow? I have a friend that's a store manager I'll make a call if it was his store.

Also, those guys have ripped me off in price TWICE in my opinion, overcharging and not even doing the work up to par

Wow at 8 1/2 and Gratiot. The guy I dealt with is Ron

Finna go in tomorrow after work and ask for a quote on a clamshell wall for 4 boss 15" for my honda. After negotiations and haggling ill drop a, will you actually seal the wall this time? Lol

Wasn't his store but I'll go talk to him after the holiday and see if there's anything he can do.

Also if you ever need help from a shop for something like this I'd check out civic audio they are bass heads over there, they have multiple cars in the 50's and they compete.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Actually if that wood is true Russian Baltic Birch 13ply it is worth its $80.00 price tag.

I have to special order it at Menards now since they no longer stock it at my location and costs $79.96 per 4by8 sheet, and if I don't buy an entire bunk there is another $15 tax on it for breaking up a bunk. At least the shipping is free from their distribution center to my local store.

Honestly if your building with Birch, that is the birch to use! These $35-45 sheets of birch sold at most stores is cheap plywood (made usually of douglas fir) with a top and bottom veneer that is birch. The birch veneer adds nothing to the wood except looks (if you plan to stain it) since its so thin, thinner than the other ply's that make up the sheet. Which means the wood is normally full of voids such as knot holes that normally you cant ever see unless you hit one when your cutting.

You could buy yourself regular plywood at that point and save you $10-15 per sheet for the birch veneer plywood. At this point MDF all day over that crap birch for me, unless its the good Russian baltic birch.

So imo you didnt really get ripped off on the wood, as long as they used what they bought (not including cuttoffs that are too small to do anything with).

Actually if that wood is true Russian Baltic Birch 13ply it is worth its $80.00 price tag.

I have to special order it at Menards now since they no longer stock it at my location and costs $79.96 per 4by8 sheet, and if I don't buy an entire bunk there is another $15 tax on it for breaking up a bunk. At least the shipping is free from their distribution center to my local store.

Honestly if your building with Birch, that is the birch to use! These $35-45 sheets of birch sold at most stores is cheap plywood (made usually of douglas fir) with a top and bottom veneer that is birch. The birch veneer adds nothing to the wood except looks (if you plan to stain it) since its so thin, thinner than the other ply's that make up the sheet. Which means the wood is normally full of voids such as knot holes that normally you cant ever see unless you hit one when your cutting.

You could buy yourself regular plywood at that point and save you $10-15 per sheet for the birch veneer plywood. At this point MDF all day over that crap birch for me, unless its the good Russian baltic birch.

So imo you didnt really get ripped off on the wood, as long as they used what they bought (not including cuttoffs that are too small to do anything with).

yep agree 10000% with this.. ive used the shit birtch and it was like using plywood.. never again.

used some 13 ply russian birtch for door panels shit was awsome!

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

If you want another shop to check it out, check out Sound Waves at 20 mile road. My buddies dad owns it. They had a dope boat at autorama

Show me where 20 mile is please.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived