Sundown Audio

How much rms power Can The Sa12s take daily and Help with a Box Design

OK so i was going to sell my pair of Sundown Sa12s

however i decided i would do a recone on both so it would be literally new again

this is what i would like to know:

-how much rms power can these Sa12 take to play them the best they can without causing damage to them daily
Note: People have said 1500rms.-2500rms so i would like to know from you guys who would know best

Also box design is key

i would like to get a box design for these to play a little low but loud meaning to play from 32-55hz
since most of the songs i would be playing is from 35-50hz and some hip hop would be lower but my purpose is for them to play loudly

so i hope i can get help with a box design

dimension i have to work with
39" width by 27" depth by 28" high

i would like the box could be like 39" width by 20-22" depth by 20" or less height

i currently have a orion 1200d on the subs and not quite impress so ive decide i would sell the amp and upgrade the amp

All help would be greatly appreciated

Edited by Hansom Sarwan

They are rated at 600 rms. But If you are pushing CLEAN Power to them up to 1000rms is fine. I have had one on ~1000+ watts for well over a year and it's still running strong. But I also dont beat the hell out it or clip it.

*this is for one woofer. So two woofers you could put on 1500 to 2000 watts, but you need to set your gains with a dd-1 and i wouldnt do it on a budget amp.

Edited by bentandbroken

Life's a trip. . . Don't fall.