Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer box for 2 SQ hds312s?

melvinduran21

how much power are you going to push to them?

box designers are going to need that before they can help you out. also need to post the max dimensions, length width and height, to be able to get a design. and maybe try to explain what your goal with the system is, are you wanting something that is just loud and low and space isnt an issue for you, or can you only give up an x amount of space.

I'm going to have an SQ q1-2200D on them, my old box was 35" x 19 3/4" x 16 3/4" with an 8" port and was tuned to 32 htz. I really just want my subs to get low and louder than they were in that box. And I'd like something a little smaller in size because the old box barely fit into my trunk, it was a hassle to get out. Please help?

• 3 weeks later...

how much power are you going to push to them?

box designers are going to need that before they can help you out. also need to post the max dimensions, length width and height, to be able to get a design. and maybe try to explain what your goal with the system is, are you wanting something that is just loud and low and space isnt an issue for you, or can you only give up an x amount of space.

I'm going to have an SQ q1-2200D on them, my old box was 35" x 19 3/4" x 16 3/4" with an 8" port and was tuned to 32 htz. I really just want my subs to get low and louder than they were in that box. And I'd like something a little smaller in size because the old box barely fit into my trunk, it was a hassle to get out. Please help?

i personally do not have experience with soundqubed woofers. ive just read that they like bigger boxes and not tuned to low. your old box was approx. 5.4 cubes gross before any displacements, so if you shrink that you might lose some low end depending how much you shrink it.

Yep. If you want lower and louder than your current enclosure, it's gonna need to be bigger. Around 5 cubic ft net after displacements. I'm in the process of designing my new one for two of those now. So if you want to use less space in your trunk, I don't think these subs are for you

Archived