Second Skin Audio

Smallest Possible, yet preforming box for 2x SA 12's... Need design help please.

volvowith18psi

So, I used to have this setup in my old Jeep, but alas I got rid of it and have my equipment just laying around. Well, sadly this past month, I lost a dear family member and was given her old ride. A 2004 jaguar Xtype with 33k on the clock. So I had the bright idea to swaping in my stero goodies! However, After fighting to get everything run, I come to find out, due to the odd shape of the trunk, my box will not fit IN desipte having plenty of room IF I could get it inside... The box that were in was a 16H X 19D x 38L custom built etc.., Felt so defeated it woulnt fit after measuring twice, installing everything (which was a PITA). I was going to just buy the crappiest box from Best Buy / Local audio shop just to get pounding, then it hit me. Why not just try to build one myself? (My old box was built and shipped btw)

So, My dimensions aside and taking the dimensions from above, that box does not fit (gets about half way before its wedged in), and Im not looking to win any contests, I do wish to pound. Whats the smallest size box(sealed or ported, I dont care, as long as I can get it in the trunk) I can get these guys in while still having them preform? WIll also be having Home Depot cut all my wood, and Im not sure if they can cut angles, so keep that in mind. They will be fed on a Sundown SAE1200D V2 (12-1400W RMS, turned way down till I can get the electrical worked out. Damn battery cables on the wrong side for my XS power I had laying around, have to mod those too :/)

Thanks for any and all help!

Edit: I know 10's would be better, but the goal of this was to use what I had laying around / minimal cost. So the 12's, old amp, wrong xs bat, old 0 gauge wiring etc.., will be used.

Archived