Headlight dimming

I have an 09 Chevy Aveo5 with a Hifonics 2400.1 BRX on 2 Dc level 4's holding at about 13.6 volts on a good bass line and my headlights still dim. I am curious what else I can do to stop them from dimming. I am running a factory battery up front with 2 d3400 in the back all 1/0 wire ofc. Big 3 upgrade. Just not sure what else I need to do to stop the dimming. I have not been able to locate a h/o alt for the car yet so I haven't done that the reason for have the extra batteries. Any help will be appreciated thank you.

Current equipment:

2 Dc Audio Level 4 12's

Dc Audio 5.0k

Alpine Type r components 5.25 and 5.25 Co ax

1 Hifonics brx 640.4 for highs and mids

Regular battery and 2 D3400

ALL OF THIS IN A 2009 AVEO 5

AKA THE SMURF TURD

Hit up singer he should set u right . I love my singer 340 amp alt. did u upgrade your ground on your alt. Did u ground to your frame or shock tower.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Hit up singer he should set u right . I love my singer 340 amp alt. did u upgrade your ground on your alt. Did u ground to your frame or shock tower.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

if he is TRULY staying at 13.5 then hes still in ALT power

he doesnt even need the bats....... :shrug:

just saying.....

Also, a dc5k ... should be pulling more than that...... again.... just sayin :shrug:

(if your making any power)

I just contacted singer and waiting for a reply from them on the vehicle alt. I thought the same thing about the voltage holding and the 5.0k should be pulling a lot more juice than what it seems to be. I am going to wait until singer gets with me. Thanks for the advice. Also about the alt ground I did not do that I grounded the motor to the header panel and then the battery to the header panel. Do you think I should run a ground off of one the alt bolts to the strut tower or to where?

Current equipment:

2 Dc Audio Level 4 12's

Dc Audio 5.0k

AKA THE SMURF TURD

I just contacted singer and waiting for a reply from them on the vehicle alt. I thought the same thing about the voltage holding and the 5.0k should be pulling a lot more juice than what it seems to be. I am going to wait until singer gets with me. Thanks for the advice. Also about the alt ground I did not do that I grounded the motor to the header panel and then the battery to the header panel. Do you think I should run a ground off of one the alt bolts to the strut tower or to where?

if your holding ALT voltage.. you dont need a new alt....... :shrug:

Do you dip into the 11's or so? or low 12's? ever?

if not.. your ONLY running on alt charge......

Your 5k is wired at 2ohm?

also...... a 400amp alt, wont make your lights NOT dim........ your holding over 13 with what you have....

then buy a good CAP......to stop your "dimming" issue.........

again.. just saying...

I went out and and ran a 50 hz note for about 1 minute and watched the volt gauge and it did end up dropping as low as 11.9 but on actual music i was dropping only in the the low 13 so i try Do you like bas by Dj magic mike and got it at 12.5 was the lowest that i saw. I am using a singer digital volt gauge.

Current equipment:

2 Dc Audio Level 4 12's

Dc Audio 5.0k

AKA THE SMURF TURD

i doubt you will get rid of dimming unless you have HID's. Pretty much a .2volt drop you will notice in your headlights at night. Considering an alternator is not going to react to a change in voltage that small, and quick you could run 15 900 amp alts and you would probably still see your lights dim some.

Any time the bass drops or a kick drum hits, that sudden spike in voltage will cause a drop, then your alt starts to do its thing.

But you can try if you want.

I wasn't sure if there was anything else i could do just wanted to ask the guys that know this stuff a lil better than i do. I thought i had done everything that i could but wanted to make sure. Thanks for all the advice from you guys. You guys are the reason i like this forum so much. All questions are answered quick so i can get my stuff done.

Current equipment:

2 Dc Audio Level 4 12's

Dc Audio 5.0k

AKA THE SMURF TURD

Archived