I LOVE the finned heatsinks like this. I hope LP never drops this.

Nice amp. Hard to find that kind of power at 8ohms even now. Shoot, I'm fairly sure my DC 5.0k won't even do that lol.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

The 8002sw and the 4.1hvs amplifiers were the only 2 amplifiers that were meant to play only subbass. Everything else in the inventory could play full range with np problems.

These amplifiers had a "feedback" circuit setup for sub bass application.

Meaning in one way you had to invert the left channel to make things work properly by using a xo2 or xo3 crossover.

This feedback circuit is what I had in my truck's bass amplifier giving me the edge for so many years with very dynamic bass "tight" response.

... Which is why I asked the op if he used the feedback or not ??? Making big consistent power is only half of what that amplifier is capable of ....

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Nice amp. Hard to find that kind of power at 8ohms even now. Shoot, I'm fairly sure my DC 5.0k won't even do that lol.

You seen pics of my new LP amplifiers ?? Correct ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

You seen pics of my new LP amplifiers ?? Correct ??

Well, I thought I did, but you writing this makes me think otherwise maybe?

The LP2150? Maybe 2250? Look EXACTLY the same don't they? Gimme a link if not.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

I'm on my phone and can not post links.

They are somewhere in my truck's build log on my sig.

I'm on my phone and can not post links.

They are somewhere in my truck's build log on my sig.

Here: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/95053-cablguys-1997-chevy-silverado-1500-extended-cab/page-13

Yeah those are nice. Look exactly the same, and it's awesome. Too bad they're probably out of my price range for 4 channels :(

Wish I could find time and get back to work on my car so I can listen to mine ...

Just by glancing ... I'm thinking that this is a stock 8002sw.

I'm thinking the factory modifications done by TIPS can make these amplifiers do more.

Also, I didn't see where you had the feedback circuit hooked up ... May have made a difference.

This amplifier and 4.1hvs are the only 2 amplifiers that were meant for subwoofer only application. So no, I would not consider these full range operation amplifiers. They may work, but they are mono amplifiers and just wasn't used as full range amplifiers.

Yes, this was a "stock" 8002SW, not modified by TIPS. The amp was not mine, sent to me by a LP collector as this is one amp I've always wanted to test. Amp was tested with feedback circuit on and off, no noticeable difference. It would, however, make a difference powering speakers and not resistors as in the Amp Dyno.

This amp, based on it's power output, was/is mainly used as a subwoofer amp, but there's no reason it couln't be used in pairs to power components.

I talked with Ray at TIPS while testing this amp and he said his upgrades would add significant power to the amp, but again, the amp wasn't mine, so this was left up to the owner. I think he decided to hold off for now. Maybe he'll send it back to me after getting the upgrades??

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo