Sundown Audio

Suggestions on amp....

AstoSoup

I just built a new box and bought another Powerbass 3XL 152D (Not the new black/grey style). Have been running a Hifonics BRZ1700.1D on the one and have had pretty good luck. I figure the BRZ is giving the sub between 1300-1500RMS after rise, on 14v constant. However, I am seriously doubting this amp will power these subs, even at .5ohm so I am going to need a new amp after I break the new sub in. Looking at the Lanzar OPTI2601D. Have heard a lot of good things from people, but pretty much just things like "they power my subs nice", etc. What I am wondering is, will the amp actually do the rated 2600RMS @.5 like they claim? I do know the 2000D will do a little over rated, they actually clamp tested that one. Would like around 1200RMS CLEAN power to each sub, without throwing my wallet out in the window lol. Needs to be a .5 or 2ohm load, so the 2601 fits the bill. So hopefully good news on the OPTI, but tell it like it is guys! Thanks!

Head Unit - Clarion VX709 7" DVD Touchscreen

Mid/Highs - Front Doors - RF Prime 6.5" component mids.

A. Pillars - RF Punch component tweets.
B. Pillars - RF Prime component tweets.
Rear Doors - RF Punch 5.25" mids.
RF Punch 3-way passive X-overs.
Mid/Highs Amp - MB Quart Onyx 360.4, 4 channel, 640W RMS.
Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Sub Amp - Audiopipe GD6001 @.5ohm, clamped 2825RMS.
Box - 9.6 cu^3 net @35Hz, three 6" aero's.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

Lanzar= garbage, spend your money on something better.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

it's garbage, I could couldn't care less if the opti is or isn't garbage

Since the company as a whole is shit.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Well it is pretty messed up to talk shit about a company on any board.

Anyway OP I used a cresendo s1500 on both my coils and got the dd1 and cc1 and it worked better for me.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192246-amp-suggestions/?hl=+matthewbigbosswilliams

refer to that. I asked the same question already

I wouldn't call the company garbage entirely, have seen the OPTI 1537's do some amazing numbers.... Also know the OPTI 7k is one beast of an amp, just wondered about this particular model.

Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

Well it is pretty messed up to talk shit about a company on any board.

Anyway OP I used a cresendo s1500 on both my coils and got the dd1 and cc1 and it worked better for me.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192246-amp-suggestions/?hl=+matthewbigbosswilliams

refer to that. I asked the same question already

How much was the Crescendo? Have always loved their amps but thought they were quite pricey....

Archived