Second Skin Audio

any kind of sizing guide for a woofer box?

Jason Kimmings

Box and port should be specific to the sub, there is no one size for all sub's of the same size.

What sub is it that you are planning on using?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Any clue what kind of box you want? Sealed? Ported? 4th order? 6th? 8th? T line? Lol i jk. But i built my first box (without my dad) when i was 17. It was terrible because i had neber used a saw before but it was a lot of fun! I would imagine it would be a good bonding experience.

Whats your budget?

find a budget for sub and amp. once you find the sub it will be easier to build a box.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Any clue what kind of box you want? Sealed? Ported? 4th order? 6th? 8th? T line? Lol i jk. But i built my first box (without my dad) when i was 17. It was terrible because i had neber used a saw before but it was a lot of fun! I would imagine it would be a good bonding experience.

Whats your budget?

I would get the driver.... first, and build the box to ITS needs.... not my wants.

But, im silly.

Whats your budget?

I would get the driver.... first, and build the box to ITS needs.... not my wants.

But, im silly.

I would first measure how much room I have and then look at a driver that will suit my needs in the space I have.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

see where you want it to fit and be then see how large of a box you can fit then go from there. also what are your goals? how do you want it to sound?

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Whats your budget?

But, im silly.

I would first measure how much room I have and then look at a driver that will suit my needs in the space I have.

Id hope he isnt trying to fit 10 18's in a golf.

My point was.... build to the driver....

Seems like my dog would know, that if you dont have more than enough room, dont pick the driver.

edit- but, the driver chosen will pick the enclosure..... not "cuz i want a 4th order band pass"

(was the point of my text)

Most subwoofer companies supply "minimum" and/or "maximum" recommended sealed and ported enclosure sizes. You really need to, as others have already said, figure out your budget first, then look at some of the "recommended" enclosure sizes of brands in that range, that will fit in the vehicle you want to install to. If you find a sub you are just absolutely certain you want, but doesn't offer recommended enclosure sizes, there are many knowledgeable people on here that can still help you, as long as you supply them with the T/S parameters. In layman terms, the detailed specs you will see listed with the subwoofer.

Archived