Sundown Audio

Tested: Sundown Audio scv-6000d - SMD AD-1 Amp Dyno

I just picked one of these up for the truck :) I would have liked to see full Dyno run.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

• 5 months later...

• 4 months later...

Well you could get it looked at or just let hammer till it dies

On 1/29/2017 at 5:22 PM, Smoove said:

Well you could get it looked at or just let hammer till it dies

Total user error I bought some used zv4s 18 months ago and I coulda sworn they were d2s. But my dmm was broke that day and they were d1s. Long story short amp been repaired before due to vibration damage and not knowingly I ran it at .25 for a year before a few caps on the inside exploded. The bad news is it just went out of warranty and I won't repair it a third time but just keeping it real this is one of my top favorite amps I ever owned.

41 minutes ago, bigp88 said:

Total user error I bought some used zv4s 18 months ago and I coulda sworn they were d2s. But my dmm was broke that day and they were d1s. Long story short amp been repaired before due to vibration damage and not knowingly I ran it at .25 for a year before a few caps on the inside exploded. The bad news is it just went out of warranty and I won't repair it a third time but just keeping it real this is one of my top favorite amps I ever owned.

:(  I just killed an amp from vibration. I will be sending it off for repair.
Not to pick at a dead horses corpse. But i have a used scv6 and a new scv7500 if you not gonna repair you scv6k again.

35 minutes ago, Smoove said:

Not to pick at a dead horses corpse. But i have a used scv6 and a new scv7500 if you not gonna repair you scv6k again.

Hmm. Was amp mounted to box? If so how long did you have it mounted like that? I'm asking because I'm worried this will happen to my DC5K... Although, I did have CJ18 build the box with double layers in the back so that I could mount my amp but is that enough to not break the amp due to vibration?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

My amp rack/center console ( all mdf ) has the port and subs firing directly at . No rubber bushings or anything. Its the first time this has ever happened to me. I've been told use some small rubber grommets .

Typically rubber grommets will not stop anything from happening, unless your using an isolate type mount (meaning the bolt that connects to the wood amp rack is not the same bolt being connected to the amp). Otherwise the vibrations will travel through the fastener itself. The rubber needs to be very very very soft as well or else it wont absorb any vibration, and even then if its a violent system it still may not do anything.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

On 2/6/2017 at 0:28 AM, Smoove said:

I actually just switched to zv5s and taramp 8ks and it seems just as loud if not louder

• Like (+1 Rep) 1