3.Sixty 3 help. Using too many speakers, need 2-3.Sixty3's??

Wow ... That's alot of drivers.

Don't see where "active processing" is going to help you with your goals.

If you are going to SQ or SQL ... You are going about it all wrong sir ...

Maybe try a active/passive hybrid setup if you must use sooooo many drivers ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

You can run 2 but you'd be loosing 2 channels off of the first one. Someone enlightened me on this a little bit ago. You have 8 channels (4 rca outs). You'll need to run the subs off of the last channel if I'm not mistaken or maybe it's 7 and 8. But you could say take channels 1 & 2 or 5 & 6 and run them flat and run those outputs into the inputs of the 2nd 3sixty.3. Then you have 14 channels to play with. 1, 2, 3, 4, 7 and 8 from the first one, and all of the second. You would also operate the whole system on one master volume knob. But if I'm not mistaken, the subs would for sure have to be off of the "Master" unit if you want to call it that.

But I'm with everyone else, and as you can see Kyle doesn't like the call letters of SQL. If you're running SQ, you're going about it the wrong way. If you're like me and you want a killer clean sound (sq-ish) up front and then have the SPL side of things as well for the fun, I can understand completely, but even then it's still alot of drivers, ESPECIALLY if you're using focal. And Kyle will tell you I drive him nuts because I like alot of drivers and a wide range of sizes in my designs. But, I'm the same way, and i'm not going to be one of those guys who just gives his opinion and not answer your question, to each his own. If you want to do it the way you want to do it, then that's pretty much the way to go to get there. You probably won't be able to do it with one 8 channel processor. However, that being said, I'll look over this a bit more and see.

Ok after looking at it more, you could possibly get by with an 8 ch processor if you did the following which I think is what Miguels was elluding to earlier when he said split the channels.

Front Tweets CH 1 & 2 of HD 600.4 #1 - Split off of 3Sixty CH 1

Front 3" Mid Range CH 3 & 4 of HD 600.4 #1 - Split off of 3Sixty CH 2

Front 6 1/2" Mid Range CH 1 & 2 of HD 600.4 #2 - Split off of 3Sixty CH 3

Rear Tweets CH 3 & 4 of HD 600.4 #2 - Split off of 3Sixty CH 4

6" Mid Bass CH 1-4 of HD 600.4 #3 - Split off of 3Sixty CH 5

Rear 3" Mid Range CH 1 & 2 of HD 600.4 #4 - Ran off Pass Thru of one of the other amps (full range pass thru output and tune on the amp)

Rarr 6 1/2" Mid Range CH 3 & 4 of HD 600.4 #4 - Ran off Pass Thru of one of the other amps (full range pass thru output and tune on the amp)

Subs HD 1200.1 - Off of 3Sixty CH 7 & 8 and pass through on the amps to chain them together.

That's a ton of dirvers and the best way I can see to run off of one processor. You would loose time alignment ability because of the splitting. But it could be done fine and sound great.

Here's another thought though that might save you some money and headache.

2 Front Tweets CH 1 & 2 of HD 600.4 # 1 - Ran off of 3Sixty CH 1 & 2

2 Front 3" Mid Rnage CH 3 & 4 of HD 600.4 # 1 - Ran off of 3Sixty CH 3 & 4

2 Front 6" Mid Bass CH 1 - 4 of HD 600.4 # 2 in 2 channel mode - Ran off of 3Sixty Ch 5 & 6

2 Rear Tweets CH 1 & 2 of HD 600.4 # 3 - Ran off of the pass through output of HD 600.4 # 1 (Full Range Signal Output - Tune at the amp)

2 Rear 6 1/2" Mid Range CH 3 & 4 of 600.4 # 3 - Ran off of the pass through output of HD 600.4 # 2 (Full Range Signal Output - Tune at the amp)

Subs HD 1200.1 - Off of 3Sixty CH 7 & 8 and pass through on the amps to chain them together.

This would reduce a lot of problems by allowing time allignement for the front, be alot easier to wire and tune, still sound really really good and lastly save some money that could be better used somewhere else in the set up, if that's an issue for you.

Don't get me wrong, either way with that many drivers, it's going to be a wiring and tuning NIGHTMARE for whoever has that job. But it could be done I suppose.Those are just my opinions.

But here's the other thing to consider. If you're looking to get SQ type sound you should really go with a better processor. Mosconi, Audison Bit One/Bit Ten/Bit Ten D, Arc Audio, or even going MiniDSP is a good way to go for a cheaper amount of money. I'm not trying to start a product war in here, so don't anyone take this as that type of thing. The 3sixty is a good looking unit, and the price is good, but it's so very glitchy and can be a big pain in the ass. Some have been good but my personal experience is they're very dissapointing from a company that has a reptuation like RF, I expected a lot more from it. For the money and what it sounds like you're after, my opinion would be spend it wisely on the one piece that's going to be the brains of your system, which you could do with the second option that I presented to you above. You're already spending a shit load on JL Audio and Focal gear. Don't sell the system short. That's all I'll say on that.

BTW what part of Sac are you in? I'm in Elk Grove.

Hope this helps.

Lets just say you have one pair of drivers for starters .... From what you are describing, you are asking for a 4 way setup before the sub driver stage ... You should ned nothing more than a 3 way setup at best.

What you have now is big plans for cancellation.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Now this is something you don't see every day. Kyle, speechless! LOL

Now this is something you don't see every day. Kyle, speechless! LOL

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhhhh

My post that bad ??? LOL

Oh no I think you're on point and I think Kyle is in shock! LMAO!!

But yes, a passive or hybrid setup would drastically improve things in the set up and installation and tuning aspect. Just far less headaches going that route. And then eliminate the 3" mid in the rear and only go to a single tweet per door. For that matter, he could almost eliminate the tweeters in the rear all together and just go 6 1/2's or even coaxials. But I don't know what he's after with the rear. For me it's cause I have kids and they need some music, for my sanity!! But even an all passive set up won't be bad either. You're talking hi end components in the focals and their crossovers are very well made. You could potentially eliminate the processor all together that way and run the "cock box" and maybe a line driver.

I just understand where he's coming from with all the equipment etc, so I was trying to find a way to make it work for him.

Wondering what the OP thinks after all this feedback. Another question for the op, is are you planning on competing with this system in an SQ class, or is this just for your own enjoyment and demoing? Also, what head unit are you using? Also, last one sorry, are you going analog, bluetooth, digital, optical toslink inputs?

A couple of good resources to talk to here in Nor Cal, would be Vince at Audio Xperts in Vacaville (I linked their site), and of course the one and only Bing at Simplicityinsound in the bay area. Both are great installers, and well respected in the SQ class. They could probably help you with your goals and what you're after. Just more options.

Ok I'm done.

PARAGRAPH PETE STRIKES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much Scooter99, and well, no one else was very helpful. A couple were down right disrespectful and I didn't expect such in here. This forum was highly recommended to me, for me to get some professional feedback from seasoned, experienced, and highly trained experts in this field. I respect Steve a lot and I would not treat his forum in that manner. With the couple cusswords I had no problem reading, in the nice big bold text, I have experienced the more people cuss, the less they know how to express themselves in any other way, so I can not get mad at that.

Please let me "process" some of this helpful information, I will answer as many questions as I can, to the best of my ability. I will let my motives be known here shortly....

Archived