Sign in to follow this  
CarAudioFab

Ask Mark - Car Audio Fabrication Questions! (Future Video Ideas?)

Also Mark, lets see how to cut Sonotube. I've got some 12" laying around and I thought I'd make a box out of it. I'd like to see squared cuts and 45 degree cuts.

I've never cut sonotube but I would say the best way to do this would be to make a wooden “fixture”. If you want to save a quarter of the cylinder Make an “L” shape out of wood that each leg of the L is the radius of the tube. Push the tube into the corner and then use a hand saw to cut the tube. The wooden “L” should guide the blade and keep your caught relatively straight. If you want to save half of the tube (180 degrees) make a “U” shape out of wood and do the same thing.

-Mark

Host of "CarAudioFabrication" - YouTube Car Audio Tutorial Channel

Forum.png

Check out my forum section here on SMD for my builds and tutorial videos!

Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/CarAudioFabrication

Do you have a basic tutorial on doing beauty panels already ? How about doing a video using basic tools that most of us would have..Not everyone has the stuff you use.So no mobile solutions < haha.If you have one already put the link up please :good:

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

I agree with aculous, fiberglass a dash... im waiting to do this in my 81 c10 and would love too see a pro do it

Depending on the type of dash material this could be a pretty easy project. Mine took a while but it wasn't super hard.

Hey there Mark. I have watched several of your YouTube videos, good stuff. I have a fiberglass question for you.

I am doing door panels in my 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I have some 1/4" wood panels mocked up however I would like the panel to fit tight. So, I have been thinking about just doing a fiberglass mold for the base of the panel instead of wood and building the speakers mounts onto the fiberglass Mold/Base. My issue is, how do I wrap the fleece around that fiberglass mold and get it to stay put so I can fiberglass the fleece??? There would be no wood in the panel other than the mount for the crossover and speakers. This panel pod would be bolted to the door panel and would be sealed. A separate part to the door so it could be easily removed. (I have an idea for mounting the panels that in my silly mind is revolutionary!!)

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X998

JBL GTO608C Components

JBL GTO628 Coaxials

JBL P1224 12" dual 4ohm Subwoofers

Alpine MRV-F545 - Alpine MRX M100

Hand Built by Me 5.9cu.ft. slot ported enclosure tuned to 27hz

Hey there Mark. I have watched several of your YouTube videos, good stuff. I have a fiberglass question for you.

I am doing door panels in my 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I have some 1/4" wood panels mocked up however I would like the panel to fit tight. So, I have been thinking about just doing a fiberglass mold for the base of the panel instead of wood and building the speakers mounts onto the fiberglass Mold/Base. My issue is, how do I wrap the fleece around that fiberglass mold and get it to stay put so I can fiberglass the fleece??? There would be no wood in the panel other than the mount for the crossover and speakers. This panel pod would be bolted to the door panel and would be sealed. A separate part to the door so it could be easily removed. (I have an idea for mounting the panels that in my silly mind is revolutionary!!)

Good Question! I'm actually doing mine this weekend and next. I didn't want to cut the shape out in the door so I made a fiberglass base plus a shaped panel. I will use dowels to mount that then stretch the fleece to the base trying to copy the top shape as much as possible.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Hey man, sorry for the delay, do you have pics of this?

-Mark

Forum.png

How about a "how to" with mounting amps using epoxy/glue. Well more so mounting the brackets/spacer to the vehicle, than amps to those. Just a suggestion, ur always makin awesome vids with lots of info, thanks.

How about a "how to" with mounting amps using epoxy/glue. Well more so mounting the brackets/spacer to the vehicle, than amps to those. Just a suggestion, ur always makin awesome vids with lots of info, thanks.

Good idea, thanks!

-Mark

Forum.png